View Full Version : Help! I'm Doomed!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Mamb
February 22nd, 2003, 05:56 AM
I recently discovered Doom 95, a new version of the most exciting and addictive game EVER, so I can play it on my new WinXP computer! A testament to its quality is that it is still exciting and highly playable nearly 10 years after its release. And 10 years is a hell of a long time in video gaming terms.

But, I have a serious problem. I have completed the Knee Deep in the Dead Shareware. So I crave Doom II, which I also used to have on my old computer (but had to delete when the 420MB hard disk filled up). There is no shareware for Doom II, but apparently you can use the full-version original Doom II WAD file on Doom95 to play the Doom II levels. Does anyone happen to still have this WAD file? If so, please could you email it to me? Or if you know somewhere I can download it, please could you post a link?

Cadfael
February 22nd, 2003, 08:59 AM
... and just to clarify...

Mamb is not asking for pirated software... the source code for Doom II was put on the public domain a few years ago... it is now freely and legally available. :D

Mamb
February 22nd, 2003, 09:58 AM
Yes, of course... :cool:

Dominus
February 24th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Yes, we wouldn't want any illegal activity being mentioned on this forum!:D

Mamb
April 27th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Oh Yes!!! I "acquired" the necessary WAD files and have finished Episode 2... But plenty left in Episode 3 and all of Doom II

Am I the only eccentric idiot to have played Doom in the last 5 years? I would recommend it to anyone - it is still the best Shooter I've ever played in terms of gameplay and sheer thrill. And with the OpenGL mod, it even looks reasonably good.

kater
April 27th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Hanging on to see if Doom 3 is any hack ;)

Mamb
April 28th, 2003, 03:43 AM
So am I. It comes out this summer doesn't it? It might well be the reason I get a new graphics card, as well.

kater
April 28th, 2003, 10:08 AM
I dunno - there was a big fuss about it when the first screenshots arrived months ago but I haven't seen much of it since, hopefully it'll be good :)

fluffy bunny
April 28th, 2003, 04:40 PM
first person shooters seem to have gotten boring recently

Hopefully doom 3 won't just have plush graphics as the main selling point

Mamb
April 29th, 2003, 04:15 AM
I doubt it will be. I haven't bought a FPS for ages because of that problem. But with the gameplay pedigree Carmack and his team have from the first two Dooms, Doom 3 should be much more than just a pretty front-end. Still, I'm going to wait a few weeks after release to get an idea of how good it really is before reaching for my wallet.