SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dominus
February 27th, 2003, 10:41 AM
What is your favorite movie music?

My current favorites are the current LotR soundtracks for FotR and TTT. Great music. I also like the Gladiator soundtrack. Opinions?

Cadfael
February 27th, 2003, 10:54 AM
I am very much into the celtic sound, either traditional or modern. So the Braveheart score is one of my personal faves, along with both the LOTR scores.

saintjon
February 27th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I liked the music for the Dune mini-series quite a bit.

The Crow had one of the best soundtracks ever.

I seem to remember American Beauty having some sweet music too.

Lord of the Rings has some pretty good stuff though, I must admit.

My fave music from Gladiator was the stuff they played when they showed the visual grain field metaphor. Good stuff.

It's all about Cowboy Bebop! Even if you never saw the show, you could listen to the soundtrack and not be disappointed. Cheers to Yokko Kanno!

kater
February 27th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Gladiator, Top Gun soundtrack :D and the recent Cradle 2 The Grave soundtrack by DMX et al.

Miriamele
February 27th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Braveheart
The Crow
FoTR and TTT
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Dominus
February 27th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah, the Dune music was pretty good, and the previews for Children of Dune had some really good music too.

saintjon
February 27th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Oh man, my list need to be combined with Mirri's. Can't believe I forgot Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!

Man, I'm gonna end up missing Children of Dune, which sucks. I have no SPACE or sci-fi channel. DAMMIT!!! I wanna see Leto dominate everybody!!!

BoxingGriffin
February 28th, 2003, 12:18 AM
There are so many great movie composers out there - Danny Elfman would have to be my personal favorite. Anything Elfman has done is amazing. The Army of Darkness soundtrack by Joseph LoDuca - he did a fantastic job, and it actaully has a lot of Elfman references and motives. Gladiator is just amazing - Hans Zimmer is the master of suspensions. The LoTRs soundtracks are great - almost Wagnerian in scope. And you can't leave out John Williams...he is one of the only film composers out there who knows how to write for horns, and he is really the reason we get to listen to actual scored music in movies.

I, Brian
February 28th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Some good sounds mentioned.

I'll also add:

Conan the Barbarian - Basil Poledouris

Any Star Wars by John Williams.

juzzza
February 28th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Bram Stoker's Dracula has an epic soundtrack, you can almost feel Vlad's breath on the back of your neck.

Roadhouse has a kicking album, old Swayze sings some rock ballads ha ha ha

8 mile - awesome 'Lose Yourself'

The Crow

ROCKY