View Full Version : Ripper?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

BoxingGriffin
February 28th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Does anyone have any information on the proposed series starring Bufy's Giles? I know Anthony Stewart Head is currently involved in the Manchild series for BBC, but that's all I know.
Maybe its just me, but I think I series starring Giles would kick some serious butt. Especially if it is as well written as Joss Weadon's other shows!

MrKip
February 28th, 2003, 07:36 AM
I've heard that it's been put on the back burner (Wheldon wants a British feel, the BBC want an American feel; trust the BBC to screw it up) but with the recent cancellation of Firefly and the possable end of Buffy, who knows?

kater
February 28th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Buffy is finished - the current eight series on in the States is the last and boy is it messed up :D

BoxingGriffin
February 28th, 2003, 01:23 PM
As sad as I am that Buffy will be over, I think it's well timed. (And I agree that the current season seems to be in dire straights.) And wouldn't this then be the perfect time to give Head his own show? It worked with David and Angel. I'm not sure what to think about the British/American feel. On the one hand I love the American feel of Buffy's writing, but Giles is British, and Joss writes British really well (or at least this American thinks he does - what do I know?! :D ).

Kilroy
February 28th, 2003, 04:46 PM
It is rumored they're looking at Anthony Stewart Head as the next Dr. Who. He's already done a bunch of the books on tapes for it and i think he'd do great, whether its for a movie or series

Kilroy Was Here

milamber_reborn
February 28th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Where'd you hear that Kilroy? I'm a huge Dr Who fan and would love for it get a revival. A British one of course (not like the Americanized movie). Anthony Stewart Head would be pretty good.

kater
March 1st, 2003, 12:01 AM
The spin-off series 'likely' to happen at the moment is with Faith (Eliza Dushku) taking over from Buffy, Faith appears in the last five episodes of this last Buffy series along with Angel in one big a$$ finishing arc - my money is on Buffy being killed :D

Nevyn
March 1st, 2003, 12:32 AM
Please , please , please let it be that Faith kills Buffy . :D

kater
March 1st, 2003, 12:38 AM
I don't think the new series would do that well if that happened, it'd have to be dark like Angel whereas Buffy was more comic.

Kilroy
March 2nd, 2003, 01:47 PM
i found the info on IGN.com its got fantastic movie information.

Kilroy Was Here