PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progress Swaps?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

IaNo
March 2nd, 2003, 06:09 PM
I know that I for one would like others opinions of my work. I assume there are others out there like myself. Anyone interested in swapping some work around and taking the time to do good critiques? I am! All post your replies and let's start swappin script! Email ano218@notme.com

Gravity's End
March 3rd, 2003, 05:06 PM
I'm too paranoid to post/trade my work with someone that I don't actually know in person. Too many information thieves! Lol, but I'll gladly read and critique someone else's work, and when I finally get my novel finished and published, you can read and critique mine ;)

Singleton
March 3rd, 2003, 10:34 PM
I had a few short stories stashed under my belt, but was having trouble getting anyone (whose opinion was relevent and valuable) to review them for me. Then I found writing.com. No this is not an infomercial.

I would say if you're interested in sharing stuff, but are nervous about copyrights, post your things at writing.com. All your stuff is copyrighted, and you can password protect it, and show it only to those whom you trust.

It's easy to set up, and though there are literaly hundreds of things to do on the website, all you really need to do is post things, read things, and review things. People will read your stuff if you read and review theirs.

The link to your things is also easy to remember. Take, for instance, my link:

http://www.writing.com/users/singleton

So maybe it was an infomercial.

milamber_reborn
March 3rd, 2003, 11:05 PM
Think the USERS part should be AUTHORS. My portfolio is under MILAMBER.

IaNo
March 4th, 2003, 02:00 AM
yeah. the writing dot com thing and most online sites seem to be geared more towards short stories. Unfortunately, I don't write short stories. It is hard to find people willing to read and or take time to critique my long work in progress. I was hoping other people might have the same dilema and would be willing to return the favor if someone did it for them. I definetely understand the paranoa about information theives though; I myself might be the most paranoid person in the entire world. So, I guess this isn't going to be happening. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Good luck to everyone.

Gravity's End
March 4th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Singleton

The link to your things is also easy to remember. Take, for instance, my link:

http://www.writing.com/users/singleton

Singleton, I tried your link and it came up as an error. Although it took me to the writing.com site, your page didn't come up.

Singleton
March 4th, 2003, 05:26 PM
My bad, the link should be as follows:

http://writing.com/authors/singleton

I checked it this time, too.

Asraloth
March 5th, 2003, 08:41 PM
i'd be happy to send out my ms to one or two ppl, but i am very particular about what stuff i read, so it would be hard to find a story i'd want to read. granted, this is not like buying a book in the store, but if i can't get into your mammoth hard science fiction philosophical novel, i'm really not gonna be of much help now am i.

ps. yes, i have a thing against hard sf! lets just leave it at that shall we.

pps. wow! my first post in ages. i've missed this site cos i been so busy.

IaNo
March 6th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Asraloth: I'm not a big hard sf fan either. In fact, I wouldn't even consider myself a science fiction or fantasy writer. Only the novel I'm working on right now has elements of sci-fi and fantasy. It's not "hard" at all and reads more like a fable or children's book. It's pretty bizarre and hard to explain. You'de probablly hate it but it would be memorable. What do you write, just fantasy?

Gravity's End
March 6th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the corrected link, Singleton. I read your piece on the Black Death (which I liked), but didn't yet have a chance to read your short story work. I'll go back later and check it out.