View Full Version : Video Game Music

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dominus
March 3rd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Well, I posted this in the tv&film forum, so I'll post it here too, what is your favorite video game music?

Mine is probably the music of the Bioware RPG's, which, I believe, is all written by a guy called Jeremy Soule.(?):)

Twelve
March 3rd, 2003, 10:22 AM
"One-Winged Angel", the music that comes up when you fight Sephiroth at the end of Final Fantasy 7.

I mean, there was this hidden mass choir singing praises to the guy YOU were fighting! It sounded very much like Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King".

Talk about intimidation!

trentdick2882
March 3rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
I love the score to Shenmue/Shenmue 2, the theme always makes tears come to my eyes.

Miriamele
March 3rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
I love the music from all of the Final Fantasy series, but I agree with Twelve that "One Winged Angel" is an awesome piece. I have it on CD somewhere.

kahnovitch
March 4th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Agree with the Sephiroth chorus.
I loved a lot of the tracks from Tekken 3. After you've completed the game and unlocked all the other fighters etc, you can access all the individual tunes for each character.
My faves were the tune for Tiger? (Eddy Gordo's afro sporting alter ego).
Gon (stuffed toy dinosaur with boxing gloves!)

Jin Kazama and Heihachi Mishima had good little tunes too.

Twelve
March 4th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by kahnovitch

Jin Kazama and Heihachi Mishima had good little tunes too.

Oh yes... Jin's music in Tekken 3 was off the hook. At first, it sounded rather boring, that electric guitar repeating the same string over and over...but if you ever got into a long fight that song was simply jamming.

Perhaps the only game with better fight-pumping music was Streets of Rage for the Sega Genesis. Now that's old school.

Sadly, Jin never had good Tekken music again....the remix in TTT was pathetic...

Aylis
March 5th, 2003, 12:25 AM
The music in Devil May Cry was pretty good, only I don't think they ever released a soundtrack for it.

Twelve
March 5th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Aylis
The music in Devil May Cry was pretty good, only I don't think they ever released a soundtrack for it.

Very true, although I have to say that it did get kind of monotonous at times.

I especially liked the rock-ish thing they played when you fought that giant four-head zombie-eagle. Too cool.

Dominus
March 5th, 2003, 06:14 AM
I love the choral music in TTT, FotR, and the Warcraft III: Cinematic Suite, I think I will have to find the "One-Winged Angel" on Kazaa.

saintjon
March 6th, 2003, 08:20 AM
While you're at it get an orchestra performance of Snowfield from FF 3. Or pretty much anything from Squaresoft.

Mafia soundtrack is pretty cool. There's some moody gangster epic sounding stuff, then most of the music when you drive around is 30's sounding stuff. It's pretty cool.