View Full Version : animator needs short stories for film

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

blair
March 3rd, 2003, 10:00 AM
hello,

i am currently studying animation @ edinburgh college of art and i am coming to the end of my 3rd year. in 4th year, i shall begin working on an animated film which will last around 6-7 mins.

the film will be in a warped, 2-D style of animation. there will unfortunatly be no dialogue and i would like the story to be serious and perhaps to have hidden meaning. i am currently working with some composers from all around the world and we feel that we need a strong message throughout this film. this is a great opportunity for both of us as this film will probably be shown in film festivals all over the world.

if anyone is interested please contact me:

munkyluver@hotmail.com

thanks again for ur time

blair

juzzza
March 6th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Hi blair,

I would love to get involved with your project however, my problem is that in the majority of my short stories, dialogue is key to conveying the story. I think many writers will have this problem.

I would be interested to see how you get on with this project so please keep us all up to date.

Would you be prepared to accept short stories that include dialogue to see if you can interpret it into an animated piece?

blair
March 6th, 2003, 02:55 PM
please do send me as many short stories as possible

i am also very keen to work with u.

i am after kind of ambiguous stories which seem simple at first glance, however complex and meaningful the more u hear the story. i hoped that the story would bare some relevance to the modern world and current affairs...perhaps this could be very subtle.

please keep in touch

blair

enazwo
March 9th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Blair
I have move your post to the writers section, which may help you get a larger response.

Also I was interested in your project and have recently emailed you a story.

Hope moving this thread will provide you with a larger resource to choose from

enazwo

DecKrash
March 10th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Just reinforcing the fact that I e-mailed you. If you're interested, please tell me, and I'll send you a piece of the story!

-Brandon

milamber_reborn
March 10th, 2003, 04:25 AM
www.writing.com/authors/milamber/

Click on "Torment". It could easily be shortened if you just use the last scene, and the story could easily be portrayed without dialogue.

blair
March 10th, 2003, 05:42 AM
thanks a lot for the great response.

i am currently working my way through these stories and will try to get back to you all asap.

blair