PDA

View Full Version : one foot in the grave (tv show)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Asraloth
March 5th, 2003, 07:44 PM
my god this show is funny! has anyone else here seen the exploits of victor meldrew? i just acquired some videos of this series, but i'd really like it on dvd boxed set or something.

i think its been finished for a while though. if u haven't seen it and enjoy black british comedies, i recommend giving it a go.

kater
March 6th, 2003, 12:28 AM
I think everyone in Britain has seen this at one time or another, a true classic - I'd always wondered what would happen if Victor Meldrew had met Harry Enfield's Kevin the teenager :D

Holbrook
March 6th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by kater
I think everyone in Britain has seen this at one time or another, a true classic - I'd always wondered what would happen if Victor Meldrew had met Harry Enfield's Kevin the teenager :D

Just come to our house and you would find out :eek:

Seriously though I loved the way there the comedy came from the serious. The final ep was a classic in many ways...

Asraloth
March 6th, 2003, 01:11 AM
^^^agree about the final ep. do you think margaret actually killed that woman as she promised earlier in that episode, cos they left it sort of ambiguous i think.

apparently, i also heard that the americans tried a knock off of this (how unusual :rolleyes: ) and it starred bill cosby. what the...? didn't see it but it was bound to be inferior to the original in every way.

Dallandra
March 12th, 2003, 01:17 PM
One foot in the grave!!!

I love that tv-show, it's so funny!! They even show it here in Finland!