PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum....Howdy, All!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

wolfie
March 6th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Just wanted to drop a quick line of introduction. I'm new here...so if I'm posting it in the wrong place, please accept my apologies!

This looks to be a great place and perhaps the place that I have been looking for. I have been spending a lot of time this past year working on honing my writing skills. At this point, more than one person has suggested, if not down right pushed, me to get to it. And I made publication, in any shape or form, my goal for this year. This looks to be a wonderful source of help in that regard. Hat's off to the creators of this place.

A little a bit me...a writer *chuckles*...or at least trying to be one. It's in my soul, in my heart and I write at least an hour everyday. I just can't stop myself. I have written basically it all...all different genres, different voices...that's what I have been doing this past year...getting a feel of what I can and cannot do...the things I do well, and the areas that I need work in. But really...how objective can we be about our own stuff? *smiles*...I hope to get some help here.

Anyway, thanks for your time and I hope to have a nice stay here and I look forward to getting to know ya'll!

Take care and have a great weekend!

wolfie

Rocket Sheep
March 6th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Welcome Wolfie. It is always nice to meet people with similar afflictions.

How objective can we be about our own stuff? It's hard. I'm always too hard on myself about my skill level but there's no way I can even begin to gauge plot speed or pacing until I hide an MS away from myself for months... however, with my memory that is a dangerous thing.

To solve that problem, I use critiquers (critters), the meaner, tougher and more pedantic, the better. However, that means I'm always in critique debt to someone mean, tough and pedantic...

Are you noticing that everytime I try to solve a problem, I create a new one? Being a writer is pretty much like that. Write a novel... then you have to sell it... sell a novel... then you have to write a better one and a better one and a better one.

Writing is like being addicted to climbing an endless range of mountains... so you'd better like the scenery... :D

I, Brian
March 7th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Hello, and welcome!

Tiwaz
March 8th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Yo, Wolfie,

I'm new here too, been cruising around gathering wisdom from these folks an' all. Took a while for me to join, but I'm glad I did. It'll be nice, having genuine opinions from genuine writers.

Glad for another writer, and a warm welcome to you. Keep the ole' ink flowing!

Tiwaz

Twelve
March 9th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Yeah, join the club. This place is great.