PDA

View Full Version : Elric Movie?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Hobbit
March 9th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Well after years of rumour, cancellation and denial it seems that an Elric movie is more likely.

Elric Movie (http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/24/film.elric.reut/index.html)

Whether it is just an attempt to cash in post LotR remains to be seen I guess, but Moorcock is involved, which might make it more likely. Mike has always up to now been against the 'Hollywood style' adaptation of his work, (you know, sort of "Sylvester Stallone is Elric!") so we'll see.

Not sure if it'll work myself, I've always thought of Elric as unfilmable (but then again that's what they said about LotR and that just showed us! :) )

Hobbit

Twelve
March 9th, 2003, 02:20 PM
YES! YES, YES, YES!!!

enazwo
March 9th, 2003, 05:19 PM
I'm very excited by the news, however I'm also apprehensive as I know Hollywood may want to change the ending of the saga. It is rather dark and not what big wig Hollywood producers have a stomach for. But with Moorcock having his hand in the mix there just maybe a fighting chance that Elric may conquer the silverscreen. My fingers are crossed.

Rob B
March 10th, 2003, 12:10 PM
I think Moorcock being involved will help a great deal. If the people creating the film(s) are big fans of the books that will help just as much (see Peter Jackson and LOTR and Sam Raimi and Spider-Man)

Daenerys
March 10th, 2003, 02:53 PM
When I heard it, I started re-reading the books. Trying to think out how they would go about making a film out of it. It's possible to make a good film from the books, I guess. It does depend on who gets to direct. Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Eldanuumea
March 10th, 2003, 09:43 PM
This is exciting news to me...I have only gotten to read the first Elric book and Dreamthief's Daughter and I loved both.
I can't imagine who would play him, though.......