PDA

View Full Version : Copani Story

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Zack Ryan
February 27th, 2003, 01:14 PM
I have brought the Copani storyline over here, as this is going to be the start of ONE of our new Story Threads.

Please make sure there is absolutely NO SPAMMING and NO CONVERSATION in this thread. It is for the story ONLY.

Originally posted by e-Morgana
At that moment, Morgana is sure she catches sight of a gold tinge appearing on Zack's arm.
ZR feels the change and overcomes it before anyone notices. Taking a quick drink of the Diet Barq's, he feels the caffeine settling his system down and taking care of the unasked for transformation. He walks up to Morgana and Cad and rubs her back from behind, catching Cadfael's eye, he smiles so only the dragon can see. But it is not a nice smile, and Cad isn't sure about Z-Ryan any longer.

e-Morgana
February 27th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Cadragon frantically tries to get Morgana to turn and witness the 'real' ZR for herself. To any casual onlookers, it would appear she is completely ignoring him - lapping up the attention of this new enigma who has found his way into her world.

If one was to look more closely, though, one would notice a slightly glazed appearance come into her eyes.....and for an instant, her smile falters. She does not have the title "Exalted Enchantress" for nothing however. She is a master of her craft. Besides, the dragon and herself have developed somewhat of a unique 'connection' during the course of their association.

In one fluid movement, she turns to Zack and holds the ring in front of his eyes. The lights from the discoball reflect off HE's martini glass, dance from there to the blood red gem and shine straight into ZR's eyes.

What she sees, revealed in this moment, leaves the enchantress staggering.

Zack Ryan
February 27th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by e-Morgana What she sees, revealed in this moment, leaves the enchantress staggering.
In that moment Zack has allowed her to see into the depth of his being. What she has seen is his true self, not of this Earth, but of a distant place where the norm is beyond anything she has ever seen or ever wants to see. Beings who are so beautiful but so frightening that she can no longer look into his eyes. She tries to pull away but cannot because he then shows her a ruined landscape, charred beyond habitation. Finally he releases her and grabs her as she begins to collapse. The dragon looks at him with some amount of fear because he has seen what she has.

Sitting her in a chair, he takes another and holds her hand. Thus he is able to calm her and, in turn the dragon. She waves for a drink, as does Cadfael and he begins to tell the story of his presense here and his mission.

Scarlett O'Hara
February 27th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Scarlett walks in slowly, gazing around the room to see who are present. She seems cool and aloof today, not her normally effusive self. Walking up to the bar, she asks Gunghis for a beer, any beer and she doesn't care about brand name. Just something cold. Under her arm, she carries a small packet. As she is handed her beer, she slides money over to the bartender, telling him to keep the change, and then without a word to anyone, she goes to Elda's table and sits. She pretends not to notice any of the other patrons, and buries herself in what appears to be some kind of manuscript.

Zack, e-Morgana and Cadfael are across the room, talking softly at a table. Occasionally she steals a glance at them but quickly returns her attention to the stack of papers before her. She waits for Elda........

e-Morgana
February 27th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Zack Ryan
What she has seen is his true self, not of this Earth, but of a distant place where the norm is beyond anything she has ever seen or ever wants to see. Beings who are so beautiful but so frightening that she can no longer look into his eyes. She tries to pull away but cannot because he then shows her a ruined landscape, charred beyond habitation.
The compellingly strange beauty of the people and places ...... followed by the blasted desolation, is too much for Morgana. The tears stream down her face.

"How did this tragedy happen?" she sobs, "How can we possibly help?"

From behind her, Cad (who is now free to voice his thoughts, since e-M's concentration lapsed so completely) mutters to himself "We is GOOD, Morg.......but we is not THAT good!!"

Gunghis happens to pass by just at that moment, and Morgana grasps his filthy shirt sleeve and indicates to him to just keep the Southern Comfort coming.....she'll tell him when to stop.

Eldanuumea
February 28th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Elda enters the Arm and notices her friend sitting in the back with what appears to be a sizeable manuscript in front of her. Scarlett is intently reading it, and Elda decides to take her coffee and join her to see what has her rapt attention.

Zack Ryan
February 28th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by e-Morgana
"How did this tragedy happen?" she sobs, "How can we possibly help?"
I am a member of a race of people called the Copani and the Copani are a member of a organization called the Aurora League Planetary Organization. The race that caused that destruction was the All Planetary Alliance. They are a group of planets that mainly stayed within their boundries and fought each other and lone non-member planets. The planet you see is the farthest most one in our organization. They refused entry into the APA and that was their reward. We have managed to contain them but they broke through and their fleet has eluded us for what you would call 340 years. We have finally caught up to them and they are about 36 years away from here. Seems like a long time, but it's not really.

As for what you can do, we're not sure. I think keep up this charade for a while until a combined group of us and your representatives can come up with a viable plan.

He took a long drink of his Diet Barq's, sighed and said, "I will definetely miss that stuff if anything ever happens to your planet."

Scarlett O'Hara
February 28th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Scarlett continues to review her paperwork and isn't aware that Elda has come in, until she slips into the chair next to her. She smiles and Elda and asks if Elda would like to see her manuscript and drawings.

"Yes, Dear, I would love to see what this is." Elda slides her chair up closer and gets comfortable. Scarlett begins by showing drawings of such beautiful that Elda asks "Are these works of fantasy?" Scarlett shakes her head sadly and her answer was so soft, even Elda couldn't hear her clealy.

"No. Not works of fantasy when they were done. But they are fantasy now. Our world was attacked by a nearby world known as Copa! They are a mean and particular nasty group of beings who leave nothing standing in their wake. They kill, and torture, and if there is anything or anyboy they want, they take it." explained a sullen Scarlett. "We've been chasing their warefleet, and had it nearly destroyed when several of their stasis pods were released and sent towards this planet. My job is hunt down each Copani and kill it."

Elda looked horrified and added "Well Dear, as you can see, no one here is one of those things. Just look around." Scarlett shook her head "No. They can take many forms and appear as human as you or I. Will you help me located this escaped war criminal and get him the justice he needs?"

Elda looked around the room, seeing only people she had seen for many months. Looking back at Scarlett she said "There aren't any strangers here in the bar."

Zack Ryan
February 28th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Scarlett O'Hara
Elda looked around the room, seeing only people she had seen for many months. Looking back at Scarlett she said "There aren't any strangers here in the bar." Zack noticed Elda and Scarlett talking while they looked through the book that Scarlett had brought in with her. Because he was engaged in conversation with Cadfael and e-Morgana he could not eavesdrop and it was probably nothing anyway.

Standing he looked at his new confidants, finally saying, "I must leave but I only ask that you do not tell anyone what I have told you until I am ready to expose myself to your governments. Turning, he went to the table where e-Berry and Scarlett were sitting and greeted each one, feeling an odd sense of dread as he talked to them, not knowing why and from where disturbed him and he quickly left the bar, heading back out of the area and back to his ship.

Blizzaurel
February 28th, 2003, 06:19 PM
blizz walks into the inn for the first time, heading straight for the bar, seeing as she can actually order a drink here, unlike in that bizarre land called america...

she spots elda and scarlett talking quietly in the corner with zack and all three suddenly look up at her. straining her ears, she catches a few bits of their conversation

"is she new?" scarlett whispers.

"definitely," elda whispers back with a concerned frown on her face. "think she might be one of those... things... you were talking about?"

blizz wonders why zack, another copani, is speaking to one clear denizen of the rebel planet and one clear supporter of its cause...

but then she looks again at scarlett and elda, and understands a little better. "men," she sighs. "why must they always let THAT get in the way of everything?"

then, she takes the above comment back, realizing she sounds FAR too much like a robert jordan character.