PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

fluffy bunny
March 12th, 2003, 11:24 AM
If you could take any set of actresses and actors from any time period (ideally since cinema was invented), living or dead, at whatever point in their careers, who would you like to see playing together in a movie today?

Bogart and Brando?

Ingrid Bergman and Brad Pitt? Maybe not

One I would have liked to see, and was definitely possilbe would be Arnie v Sly Stallone in a big 80s action movie- why didn't anything like that come about anyway?

enazwo
March 12th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Well according to legend, the reason a Arnie versus Sly/or buddy film never took place was a result of rumors on the set of the movie "Red Sonja" starring Arnold and Brigette Neilsen who was Sly's gal pal at the time. Apparently Sly was not pleased with what the rumors alluded to. And a fierce personal cpmpetition grew between them. Though later they appeared to reconcile in People magazine photo opp. However most believed it was PR thing for the both of them.

Then in 1988 "Twins" there's a scene where Arnold's character Julius see's a movie poster of Sly looking all buff and Arnold flexes and feels his bicep looks at Sly's on the poster and just shakes his head and laughs. And according to gossip this did not do much to promote any sort of union.

kater
March 12th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Yet weren't they co-founders of Planet Hollywood?

I'd like to see Cate Blanchett alongside Gregory Peck

enazwo
March 12th, 2003, 12:18 PM
The question was about why an "80's" action film with Arnold and Sly wasn't filmed. Planet Hollywood was founded in 1991 by Keith Barrish the producer of "The Fugitive" and restauranteur Robert Earl. After striking up their partnership they contacted Demi Moore and Bruce Willis as well as Arnold and Sly as Shareholders.

kater
March 12th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by fluffy bunny
If you could take any set of actresses and actors from any time period (ideally since cinema was invented), living or dead, at whatever point in their careers, who would you like to see playing together in a movie today?

I believe that was the original question - I was just curious how two people who dislike each other so intensely decided to go into the same business knowing the other was involved (money obviously being a motivating factor :) ) I'm not questioning what you say, just thinking aloud :D

enazwo
March 12th, 2003, 01:22 PM
One I would have liked to see, and was definitely possilbe would be Arnie v Sly Stallone in a big 80s action movie- why didn't anything like that come about anyway?

That was the part of the question I was answering.

Sly/Arnie feud in the eighties

Planet Hollywood in the ninties

I suspect that after Terminator 3 is released 07/02/2003, and the possibility that it may bomb, because James Cameron-the writer and director of T1 and T2-is completely absent from the project, may throw Arnie's career into the same tailspin Sly is experiencing may give us our greatest hope they may join forces to rejuvenate their careers.

So we can only pray that T3 bombs so this union may take place. Crossing my fingers that T3 bombs.

Okay not really I'm both an Arnie and Sly fan, I want T3 to succeed and I have always wanted to see Arnie and Sly together.

How about Conan angers an evil mage who sends him into the future where he finds himself in Philadelphia where he encounters Adrian and fall's in love with her and has to fight Rocky to win her heart.

kater
March 12th, 2003, 02:53 PM
You never know - Sly has written a Rocky VI, maybe an aged Rocky takes on an aged Commando in a battle for the streets :D

Twelve
March 13th, 2003, 04:05 PM
A Jet Li v. Bruce Lee movie. Now that would be hot.

The closest thing to that was when Bruce Lee fought Chuck Norris and Norris got WORKED.

Pluvious
May 2nd, 2003, 04:13 AM
All these with actors in their primes:

Clint and John Wayne
Clint and Arnold
Jim Carey and Woody Allen
Bruce Willis and Russel Crowe
Sean Connery and Christopher Walken
Robert Deniro and Robert Redford
Robert Redford and Clint

kahnovitch
May 2nd, 2003, 11:32 AM
I'd love to see a Wolverine/Blade team up in a film.
Two of my favourite comic book heroes (although Blade in the comics was more like Shaft!)

On that note how about Samuel L Jackson and Wesley Snipes?

Jet and Bruce Lee would have been pretty awesome. Dress them in suits and make them Matrix agents and we'll see who's the f*cking "One", Keanu!