View Full Version : Children of Dune

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shehzad
March 16th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Only 3 hours away. I must say I'm kind of looking forward to it, having watched Dune just a few weeks back...

saintjon
March 16th, 2003, 06:11 PM
dammit. I was gonna ask my buddy to tape it for me but didn't know when it was coming on.

Shehzad
March 16th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Pretty darn good. The acting, SFX and production was a notch above Dune, although the story itself was not as powerful. Pretty decent production overall.

It'll be repeated tomorrow at 7/6C.

Dominus
March 17th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah, it was pretty good, though like Shehzad said, the story was a notch below Dune, beings they compressed all of Dune Messiah into a two-hour long piece (with commercials). And like Shehzad said, they will repeat it tomorrow at 7, then the next episode at 9 eastern. Looks like it will be good!:)

kater
March 17th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Is any channel other than sci-fi showing it because I don't have sci-fi :rolleyes:

Hobbit
March 17th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Kater - that's the US SciFi Channel, not the Uk version. The Uk will probably have it in about 6 months (thinking about it, that'll be the post-summer injection of new stuff in September or thereabouts!). As for terrestrial they've not shown the originl series yet though it is out on DVD (probably Christmas in the UK for the new one).

Pleased to see the actings better. Hated the Gurney Halleck they had in the first series....

the story itself was not as powerful

Pretty much what i thought about the books actually... :D

Hobbit

saintjon
March 17th, 2003, 04:45 PM
I dunno man, I thought the ending to book 3 was pretty strong...

Hobbit
March 17th, 2003, 05:30 PM

Yeeessss....but I still didn't think it had the power of the first book(good though it was!)

Hobbit

Shehzad
March 17th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by saintjon

Yes, and that'll be coming up tomorrow night....

Shehzad
March 17th, 2003, 06:11 PM
BTW-- The SciFi channel is showing Riverworld next Saturday, directed by Alex Proyas of all people!