View Full Version : Online gaming

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dominus
March 25th, 2003, 11:41 AM
I've never gotten into online gaming until 2 days ago (stupid !@$#&^%^%#$@^ 56k modem!), but now that I have DSL and Xbox Live, I've stayed up till 1:00 on school nights whooping up on people in Unreal Championship and MechAssault. I was just wondering if anyone else has an obsession with online gaming and such. I know there's a Counterstrike addict around here somewhere......

By the way, my gamertag for Live is VileKnight, and if anyone else has Live, I would like to put them on my Friend's list, as I am currently alone :( *sob* :(.

Oh, and by the way, gamers have the most foul language of anyone I know!:) (thanks are due to the voice communicator)

DarthV
March 26th, 2003, 07:36 AM
I can't really try out Xbox Live...since I don't have a CC (don't want one!) and my xbox is no longer exactly stock ;)

On the PC side, I've blown countless hours with the Quake series games... UT was alright, but couldn't match up with Rocket Area for Quake III. Lately I've gotten back into Ghost Recon (with some nice mods) and some Battlefield 1942 + explansion (GR and BF1942 = coop). I'm hoping to get some friends to play some Raven Shield...but I'm not sure if their machines can handle playing it at a decent frame rate :(

About 20 friends also have bought the MS Gamevoices for voice communication for online gaming (or lanparties). They work great! Awesome for trash-talking :)

Dominus
March 26th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Ahhh, trash talking, I believe games have made it into an art! Of course, it seems that the ones that trash talk are either really good, or the ones that suck but don't want to admit it. :rolleyes:

kassimir funk
March 26th, 2003, 11:22 PM
You must play Phantasy Star online!!! it's on the gamecube now but they will be releasing a version for the Xbox soon.

It's waaaayyyyyyyy fun.

Da Funk

kater
March 26th, 2003, 11:30 PM
PC = CS - I don't need any other game or a life :D

Dominus
March 27th, 2003, 05:59 AM
I want to play PSO, but to play online you have to pay for service, and I really don't want to, but I'll see.....

saintjon
March 28th, 2003, 05:03 PM
It's too bad there aren't more Warcraft 3 gamers around here. It would be cool to have a tournament online sometime, and have a thread about it, where people can promise death or whatever to their enemies, then we could post the results, have a poll where people could say who they think will win (cashless gambling I guess)

Bear
March 28th, 2003, 06:56 PM
I just got my beautiful new computer the last week, and all I have done with it is play Warcraft 3. I was a starcraft nut a while back, and the obsession has started all over again.

But online games, in general, are evil. They are too much fun and they pray upon the easily tempted, such as myself, and destroy what little social lives we had to begin with. In short, I love them. All time favs:

Unreal Tournament (Sorry Darth, I'd take Unreal over quake any day)
Tac Ops (logged more hours on that mod than anything else)
Counter Strike (anyone whose played will no how addicting it can be)
Starcraft (rts heaven)
And now . . . . Warcraft 3! I haven't played it online yet, I'm still getting used to it. It's a big departure from SC. But I love it and will probably jump online anytime now.

Dominus
March 28th, 2003, 07:13 PM
I would really like to play WC3 online, but the sad fact is, is that I made an illegal copy of it. I know, it's bad, but, I did buy the game, I really did, but then someone stole the disc, so I had to copy my friend's, so, I can't play online. Oh, and I really did buy it! I even bought the Collector's Edition for like, 80 bucks! Really!

*Dominus looks over his shoulder as he departs, certain that the authorities will come over to his any day now, wanting him for piracy, a most heinous crime*

kater
March 28th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Bear

Counter Strike (anyone whose played will no how addicting it can be)

Guilty of wasting my whole second year at uni playing this :D