PDA

View Full Version : Re: How Many Projects

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

KatG
March 25th, 2003, 02:44 PM
This is a toughy and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. Some people can't work on more than one project at a time. I seem to be not one of these. I've basically adopted the work on the one that's working at the moment approach. So right now, I have the original first project temporarily stalled, another project that I'm writing draft on that has no actual plot planned out but seems to be going along anyway, and a third project I'm holding off on till I do some more research and figure out a few key plot points on. Plus some short story ideas and some possible writing projects in other genres. I think that this would probably drive other people crazy; it certainly isn't making me sane. :) But I am writing pages, slowly, and making some progress which I think helps in general.

milamber_reborn
March 25th, 2003, 11:48 PM
If you stick to one, the flow keeps going. If you work on diferent ones at the same time or stop and start, surely your work will suffer. Just my opinion though.

KatG
March 26th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I think there's less chance of my work suffering and more chance of my focus getting so difused that no one project progresses much. Right now, writing is only going on for one project, but eventually I'll probably need to get tough about scheduling. But I do have pals who absolutely, positively can't work on just one project. And I have other pals who couldn't work on more than one project at a time if their life depended on it. I think it's probably a trial and error process everyone has to go through.