PDA

View Full Version : superman film update

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

fluffy bunny
March 26th, 2003, 08:43 AM
More bad news broke this week for those waiting for the Superman film. Brett Ratner has confirmed he's left the project, leaving it without a star or director. The project has been dogged with problems leading industry insiders to start mumbling about the 'Curse of Superman' again. One of the main problems at the moment seems to be J.J. Abrams supposedly excellent script. The script is part of a trilogy and all involved really want to have the same guy wearing the cape for all three films. That could mean a ten year commitment for a slow shoot, not something many want to do. Brendan (perfect for the part, or maybe even better to play Nightwing) Fraser, Josh Hartnett, Paul Walker and Matthew Bomer have all apparently screen tested and been well received but for one reason or another they've parted ways with the project. Shame really.

Twelve
March 26th, 2003, 04:44 PM
This really IS a shame. I would have liked to see Josh Hartnett have the role, actually.

I have to say, though, that expecting an actor to put in a 10 year contract with something that might flop is ridiculous.

milamber_reborn
March 26th, 2003, 11:00 PM
It's a pity Brett Ratner's left. His favourite for the role was Ryan Kwanten, a good Australian actor who's tipped to have a big career ahead of him. He would be perfect for superman and I'm sure he would have signed a long contract. Maybe he's move up the pecking again again.

fluffy bunny
March 6th, 2004, 12:07 PM
http://moviepoopshoot.com/monkeyman/images/MMWEEKLY16.jpg

Just as well we avoided it really