View Full Version : Ghostbusters

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Angelique
March 31st, 2003, 12:03 PM
Does anyone else here love this movie. I do. It came out in 1984 and was one of the first movies I ever saw. The part I love the most is when Gozer is being fought in the temple on the very top of the apartment building. What are everyone else's favorite moments in the movie. Thank you for any responses.:)

od0_ital
April 11th, 2003, 02:57 AM
well, I like it, despite it scaring the crap out of me when I was younger...any bit with Bill Murray cracks me up, and the part where they first enter the hotel is great, from "Anybody seen a ghost?" to "Nice shootin' Tex!"

Have you picked up the Collector's Series DVD? It has a commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis and one of the producers that's pretty funny.

Ghostbusters II is pretty good too, up until they bring the Statue of Liberty to life, and then it just gets stupid...

DarthV
April 11th, 2003, 07:45 AM
The commentary track on the DVD is awesome. Even better when you enable the video commentary and see their upper bodies blacked out in front of the screen...

Angelique
April 11th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by DarthV
The commentary track on the DVD is awesome. Even better when you enable the video commentary and see their upper bodies blacked out in front of the screen...

I didn't know that was on the DVD. I did know that there was text commentary, though. I'll watch it again with the video commentary. Thank you, DarthV.:)

Miriamele
April 14th, 2003, 07:06 PM
I always liked the part with the giant marshmallow man. The look he gets on his face when he's mad is really funny. :)

I used to like watching the Ghostbusters cartoon when I was a kid too.

Bear
April 14th, 2003, 08:00 PM
I'm a big ghost busters fan. I have this special spot in my heart for eighties movies, and ghostbusters slides right in there. My favorite scenes all involve Rick Moranis. He was an excellent gate keeper.

kassimir funk
April 16th, 2003, 05:31 AM
I'm a big ghost busters fan. I have this special spot in my heart for eighties movies, and ghostbusters slides right in there.

Ditto.. not to mention Howard the duck and my personal favorite... Big Trouble in Little China

my favorite quote...

"Ray! When someone asks you if you're a god... you say YES!!!"

kahnovitch
April 16th, 2003, 11:23 AM
I liked the "Slimer" a lot. Goes around pigging out on food at ecery available opportunity and leaves a trail of ectoplasm everywhere.
Homer Simpson in ghost form, if ever I saw it.

Bear
April 16th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Wow. Someone else likes Howard the Duck and Big Trouble in little China? Who knew! What about Goonies, Ferris Beuler's day off, and Caddy shack? Like any of those Funk?

Bear
April 16th, 2003, 12:59 PM
And who here remembers Ecto Coolers, the Slimer themed Hi-C juice boxes? They tasted like a lime flavored urinal cake, but they were green so we all loved them. The elementary school hit!