PDA

View Full Version : Alias

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Angelique
March 31st, 2003, 01:08 PM
Could someone explain what is happening on this show for me? I just started watching it for the first time last night. I would like to know what I've missed and what is going on. Thank you for any help.:)

kater
March 31st, 2003, 04:18 PM
Holy sh!t are you serious :D Do you know what your asking? Thats real tough, best check out the official website or one that has summaries of each of the series so far :)

fluffy bunny
March 31st, 2003, 04:33 PM
(the actual overall plot line for alias is complicated- the writers keep twisting it one way, then another, then back again since they can't make their minds up)

Sidney Bristow is working for the good guys, no the bad guys, no the bad guys are actually good guys, :confused: next episode, mix it up again- bad guys, but she knows they're bad guys, but is working for the good guys. Her mum's a spy, no her mum's a double agent, no everyone thinks she's a double agent but she's not etc.

Then get onto the 2nd series, and everything gets mixed around again.

See the previously on alias at the start of the next show- if you want a long term view, you'll get confused without actually seing the early series.

Angelique
March 31st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Wow!:eek: That does sound complicated. I probably should just stop watching before it gets even more confusing.:eek: :)

fluffy bunny
March 31st, 2003, 05:23 PM
it's a good show- stick with it- beauty is, once you watch 2 or 3 episodes, you get the hang of it despite what happened before (the previous stuff's quickly brushed aside to make it accessible or everyone's head would have exploded by now)

Angelique
March 31st, 2003, 05:43 PM
I'll try to keep watching. Thanks for the advice, fluffy bunny.:)

Dallandra
April 5th, 2003, 09:43 AM
I've only watched one episode, it looked a bit too complicated to me!

Angelique
April 5th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Dallandra
I've only watched one episode, it looked a bit too complicated to me!

It is complicated, Dallandra. But I'm going to try to watch it again this week. Oh, no. LOL! I've forgotten what day it comes on.:eek: :p

Angelique
April 8th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Well, I watched it again Sunday night. I'm not going to watch it ever again, though. It's definitely too confusing.:(

Aoide
April 11th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Hi Angelique!

Alias is definitely a confusing show, but I wanted to let you know that Sunday was a rerun. It was out of place in the timeline that you have been watching. I can see how that would definitely add to the confusion. Hope that helps in some way. :)