PDA

View Full Version : Amelie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Bear
April 2nd, 2003, 12:58 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I loved this movie. It was some of the most fantastic cinematography i've ever seen (I poop my pants everytime i see the scene where she's skipping rocks), and was so, dare I say it, heartwarming. On top of that, the soundtrack was friggin' amazing, i've probably listened to it more than any one CD I've bought this year. So, did anyone else check it out? If so, what did you think?

Sasha
April 5th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Amelie is one of my favourite movies of all time! It was definitely heartwarming and sort of inspirational. I would love to get the soundtrack! I've seen it about 10 times.

Twelve
April 5th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Well....

I've only watched it once, and I must say that it's rather special. I almost cried when that man looked through his old toys...

My wife, on the other hand, has watched this movie around 20 TIMES! I bought it for her, thinking that she would like it...but I didn't know she would like it THAT much!!!

Oorag
April 6th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Amelie is definately one of my favorite movies ever. I was reluctant to see it in the theater after my friends said it would be like a French Ally McBeal. Luckily they were very very wrong.

I, Brian
April 12th, 2003, 09:43 AM
It is a good film. Not sure if I'd want to watch it over and over again, though. Few films I would, really. :)

Ouroboros
April 12th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Good film, barring Johnny Depp's attempt at an irish accent.

The novel it's based on is excellent as well, it's a little clearer, in fact.