PDA

View Full Version : What have you sold..? Cha Ching!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
April 4th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Have you sold a short story, poem, piece of art, novella or even a novel?

How much did you sell it for, what was its name and what genre/style is it?

rotty1021
April 4th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Nothing. I need to start sending some stuff away. The problem is, the stuff I write is not really in one particular genre. An example being my last short story, which includes horror, some fantasy, mystery, and psychological terror. But I plan on writing on a fantasy idea I have in my head, so maybe I can get going from there. So... no cha ching for me. :mad:

kater
April 4th, 2003, 12:58 PM
A poem compilation a few years back but apart from that only my soul :D

Twelve
April 4th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by juzzza
Have you sold a short story, poem, piece of art, novella or even a novel?

How much did you sell it for, what was its name and what genre/style is it?

Yup, I've sold novels before. :) It's currently selling for $18.95. It is of the fantasy genre.

Jude
April 4th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Two non-fiction articles on writing. Not a dime (but gotta admit, the byline was nice).

Originally posted by rotty1021
An example being my last short story, which includes horror, some fantasy, mystery, and psychological terror.

This is my problem, also. Way too much crossover. So what are you supposed to do, send them out randomly to every genre market and just pray one of them will pick it up?

rotty1021
April 4th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I've never gave much thought as to how I should send the stuff out. Maybe somebody here can help us...

milamber_reborn
April 5th, 2003, 02:53 AM
I've got about 13 short stories waiting to be sent and more on the way as I write them. Only one rejection thus far, but that's only because of the long waiting times. I really want to get published and have only sent out a few stories. Wish I was in the US with more paying zines to choose from. Then I'd save myself a lot of time and hassle.