View Full Version : **bring It On Baby**

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

juzzza
April 4th, 2003, 03:17 AM
What movies are you looking forward to in 2003/2004 or beyond?

Personally, I can't wait for Van Helsing starring Hugh Jackman as the lead who goes up against Dracula, Frankenstein and an awesome looking Wolfman.

The Pitch Black sequel gets me excited too, The Riddick Chronicles with big Vin exploring the character's origins.

Goes without saying...

Matrix sequels
The Hulk
The Return of The King
Timeline
Kill Bill
T3

And things I'm hoping for...

The Hobbit
A decent Conan movie (I do love 'The barbarian' and 'The destroyer')
A Dark Tower trilogy of movies or even better a star wars approach, 3 trilogy epic WOOHOO!!!
A FarScape movie
Manga to start filming anime versions of great fantasy novels by the likes of Gemmell, Martin, Marco and so on.
Lucas to film the third star wars trilogy
Cross over movies I.E. X-MEN versus Spiderman in true comic style.
I would LOVE a SLAIN movie (2000AD anyone?) who to me was better than Judge Dredd

milamber_reborn
April 5th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Haven't been seeing many moveis lately. Return of the King I will see though.

The Hobbit - Hell yeah. I didn't like the flashback in Fellowship where they didn't even bother to make Bilbo look any younger. They'd have to change the actor.

Farscape - I guess they canned the movie along with the series, but with fans in an uproar they might decide its worth making.

kahnovitch
April 14th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by juzzza

A decent Conan movie (I do love 'The barbarian' and 'The destroyer')

I would LOVE a SLAIN movie (2000AD anyone?) who to me was better than Judge Dredd

Yep, love to see those two get the big budget treatment with today's technology.

I also heard of a Red Dwarf movie being made with Craig Charles and the original "Dwarf" posse. That would be cool.

saintjon
April 14th, 2003, 09:57 AM
I wanted to see that one I heard about where Terry Gilliam was going to adapt a screen adaptation of Good Omens. That would be so funny! (still watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :D)

Really looking forward to X-men 2, especially since this one has Nightcrawler in it, and Iceman actually does some stuff (2 of my fave x-men right there) and COLOSSUS IS IN IT! Wicked.

I wanna see a manga flick of Heroes Die directed by Shinichiro Watanabe and done by his Cowboy Bebop crew. I think they would be best at pulling off the setting of Earth, and given some of the stuff they had in Cowboy Bebop Ankhana wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them either.

Hobbit: hell yeah! I'd be there with bells on. Actually the Bilbo they showed in the flashback looked kind of like Pippin to me...

Hemingway
April 14th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Yeah but where the hell is Gambit. I'd also like to see my fav villain Apocalypse.

saintjon
April 14th, 2003, 01:56 PM
The absence of Gambit is definitely a steel-toed boot to the junk. Perhaps he'll be in part 3.

Miriamele
April 14th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by saintjon
The absence of Gambit is definitely a steel-toed boot to the junk. Perhaps he'll be in part 3.

My man and I were just talking about that very thing last night--Gambit has always been his favourite. I decided that they're waiting till the third movie. In the comic book storyline he wasn't there in the beginning anyway, right?

Movies I'm looking forward to:
X-Men 2
The Matrix 2 and 3
Return of the King

I'm not sure what else is coming out this year.

MrKip
April 17th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Juzzza, I saw the artwork for Van Helsing the other day and it looked unbelievable.
As to films this year: X2, Kill Bill, the two Matrixes (Matri?), Return of the King, Extraodinary League of Gentlemen and I'm really looking forward to the follow up to Pitch Black. Apparently they've got Dame Judi Dench on board. Genius in its madness.

saintjon
April 17th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Judy Dench is in the Riddick flick??!! crazy.

I heard Riddick is gonna have crazy powers or something. I still want to see it, but that sounds kind of wonky.

Lifino
April 17th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Call me lame, but I want to see Bulletproof Monk.:)