View Full Version : story for an animated short film

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

lego
April 9th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Hello everybody,

I am a 3d animator looking for a story for an animated short film. I have several years of experience in animation, for example I have worked for over a year with this guys ( www.liga01.de ), and my animation has been shown on mayor German TV stations.

Right now I am in the planning phase for my graduation film in Communication Design at the FH München (www.fh-muenchen.de/fb12/kd/popup.html - sorry, they don't have an english version), and I am searching for a short story to base my film on. As this is a non-commercial project I can not directly pay the author. But he or she will at least get a dvd and/or vhs with the final film, and of course the author will be mentioned in the credits - if you want to, I can even use huge red flashing letters for this ;) The film will be due in March 2004 and hopefully be shown on several festivals and contests.

So, what do I want the story to be like?

It should either be
- a comedy, or
- have a suprising/absurd/surreal ending

(With other words I'd like to have the audience laughing and astonished. The big, meaningful philosophy I would rather leave to Stanley Kubrick...)

- no more than two or three characters
- can have dialog
- a fantasy or science fiction setting would be great since I am a big fan of both, but a fairy tale or even a real world setting may work too
- characters can be anything from talking rocks to three-headed dragons or witty aliens. (Remember, this is going to be 3d animation, where anyting is possible :rolleyes: )

- the film will be 3-4 minutes long, so the story it is based on should be rather short. Probably no longer than 6-8 pages

If you have written a story, which fits (most) of the above points, and you always wanted to see it on screen, please send it my way. You can either send it to me per mail (pinter@highteq.net) or post an URL.

I will be very happy to read it :p

Thank you for reading this
Evelyn

To any moderator: Should this post be in the wrong forum, feel free to move it to where ever it is appropriate.

Twelve
April 9th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Sounds and looks interesting. I've written a rather weird short story recently...maybe it'll fit the bill. I'll send it out to ya.

Tschüss,

milamber_reborn
April 10th, 2003, 01:06 AM
So you don't mind if it has an unexpected ending but no comedy, or would you prefer the audience to be laughing?