PDA

View Full Version : Could I con someone into reading my book?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

kassimir funk
April 11th, 2003, 04:42 AM
I was wondering there were any kind souls out there who would be willing to read my book.

The details:

The book is rough draft and not quite finished. I'm about 5 or six chapters from the end at the moment. There are also a few points in between where I plan to add more chapters. (4 or 5)

Grammatical corrections are not necessary at this point. To be certain, there are definetely a lot grammar errors but that will come last as there is still a lot of proof reading.

As of right now the book is about 145,000 words or roughly 600 pages. It is the first installment in a 12 book series I am planning.

Compensation:

Anything you want. I'll read your stuff, mow your lawn, wash your car, fix your roof... whatever. I'm willing to work with ya.

How about this... if the books ever get made into a movie... I'll make sure you're in it! How does that sound? ;)

For whatever it's worth... I virtually guarantee that you will find the work to be at least nominally interesting as well as entertaining.

Really, all that I'm looking for is some opinions on the storyline.

So do I have any takers? If you have any questions or would like me to elaborate on the storyline, please feel free to ask.

your most obsequious servant,
Kassimir Funk

Morgan
April 11th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Quid pro quo Agent Starling...

I'll happily read through the first chapter, in return I'd appreciate you wandering your eyeballs across my project...

it is wallowing at www.limpitmuskin.com

email your first chapter to me at authors@limpitmuskin.com and I'll give my penny's worth :D

Cheers! Morgan.

kassimir funk
April 11th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Would you accept a different chapter as a sample. I say this because chapter 1 is getting scrapped as is most of chapter 2. Much to my shame, I haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

Either way, I'll have a look at your work. Is there anything you would like me to comment in particular beyond "Do I like it"?

respectfully,
K-Funk

Morgan
April 11th, 2003, 06:26 AM
send me what ever best reflects where you're at with your work... as for my stuff - just be honest, if you like it then why, if you don't, then your reasons... Cheers! M

P.s. look forward to your work.

kassimir funk
April 11th, 2003, 06:58 AM
I sent you a small critique of your first chapter as well as my own chapter 39.

Thanks again and I really enjoyed reading your work.

K-Funk

Lucky Joe
April 11th, 2003, 07:26 AM
I'll be more than happy to have a look at a couple of chapters for you Kassimir funk and You'll know if I like it or not because I'll ask for more if i do.;) Oh and I'll offer opinions too.:D

Cadfael
April 11th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Sign me up....

The mower is in the shed... keep your mitts of the wife... she like to sun bathe nude. :D

kassimir funk
April 11th, 2003, 08:26 AM
I need y'alls e-mail addresses.

Thank you so much, by the way. I really appreciate this.

K-Funk

juzzza
April 11th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Well, your other thread on your ideas and the sheer scope of your intentions has me intrigued. Please send me chapter 39 too or perhaps another one you want an opinion on.

I will PM my email address to ya.

IaNo
April 11th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I'll read your whole book if you read my whole book.