View Full Version : Contributors wanted

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

I, Brian
April 11th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Hi all -

I've totally redesigned my domain, which is undergoing expansion over the next couple of months - concentrating on building a large general F/SF section, and also Historical resources.

I'm looking to see whether anyone here would be remotely interested in contributing anything - I'm thinking perhaps of book and film reviews, and general commentaries, for the F/SF section - as well as short articles on ancient and mediaeval history.

If you are at all interested, more details here (http://www.chroniclesofempire.net/yabbse/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=213;star t=0).

Brian

I, Brian
April 17th, 2003, 09:11 AM
I'm quite surprised there has been no repsonse to this. Is it because everyone is busy writing their fiction? No reviews, comments, or similar to offer?

Or do people not wish to offer anyway? No one interested in marketing themselves or their site online?

Or are you just waiting until I'm a bestselling author first? ;)

Any comments?

I, Brian
April 17th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Just thought I'd mention: ;)

Maybe I didn't explain it very well, but I am building up a specific subdomain away from the "Chronicles of Empire" theme. Specific F/SF content outside of my own little world. ;) And another one based on historical resources (most of which I expect I'll have to write myself).

I'm already planning to get proper links with the bigger more established sites - such as SF Site and SFFWorld (and others). But to do that I must prove my worth as an aspirant SF/F site - which is precisely what I'm doing with some aggressive search term marketing.

My site is now the 15th ranked on Google for the terms "Epic Fantasy" - which I've only just found out. Good start. ;)

And someone made the following important comment:

why would I want to submit my work to you at all when I might be able to get it published in a smaller but relatively known market?

This is a good point - but if you're talking reviews, etc, then I imagine that you could have it published on multiple sites. There's going to be plenty of original material, so I really don't mind repetition with other sites.

At the end of the day I'm simply trying to mutually help one another - by showcasing other people's work, I hope we all gain from the extra exposure.

Pluvious
April 17th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Actually I'm a little surprised myself that more people here havn't at least commented on your ideas, simply because they are well thought out. Nice work and very interesting.

But I'm pretty self absorbed in my own ideas right now. Good luck though.

I, Brian
April 19th, 2003, 04:50 AM
I'm surprised too - "Chronicles of Empire" is hardly an unknown site - for the past four months alone I've been averaging a steady 50,000 hits per month.

I'm now promoting it through aggressive search term marketing and link exchanges to boost its ranking on search engines -

- and I've just publically launched a major religion resources site this month that I've built: foundationist.org (http://foundationist.org) - and have linked the Chronicles site to every page.

Foundationist.org has already have almost 70,000 hits this month alone - and that's before it's even been fully indexed by the search engines.

Note that as foundationist.org gains attention, the cross-linkage with the Chronicles site will help increase its ranking.

And when I open up the new F/SF and History resources on the Chronicles site, the ranking (and therefore visitor numbers) is going to be boosted even more because none of the figures given take into account the future marketing of that section.

Don't think at all I'm asking for charity - I'm creating two major linked hubs on the internet, and am simply asking if anyone wishes to take advantage of it. If you want greater exposure on the net, then get involved. If not, then no problem.

Btw - as a side note I'm not getting much in the way of book reviews at the moment. Although I'm going to get more in later, this would be a perfect area to make an impression if anyone would like to contribute. Nothing fancy required - simply think of how you'd comment on a book in a forum like SffWorld, and that could well suffice.

If interested, you're welcome to e-mail me directly for more info: brian(at)chroniclesofempire.net

Morgan
April 23rd, 2003, 08:45 AM
sounds interesting, mail me some more details, I could find some time to put together some reviews if it helps, mail me at:

authors@limpitmuskin.com

Cheers! M