View Full Version : The Sims (Sim Life)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

kahnovitch
April 15th, 2003, 08:25 AM
I got this game a few months back as I'd heard so much about it (and it was going cheap).

After playing it for a while I found it a little disturbing, particularly one point in the game when I was in effect, sitting at a computer watching a little computer person (anyone remember that game?) who was himself sitting at a computer playing a computer game!
The most tragic part was when my Sim had to get a job (mounting bills etc) and his life consisted of working, eating and sleeping with little time for anything else!
They don't have weekends in the Sim World! What the Hell is that about!

There are dozens of web-sites where you can download new models and skins for your Sims, so you can have the likes of Britney Spears and Russell Crowe as roomies/significant others etc, but I can't help feeling that this is just another example of real life coming second to virtual life.

Any thoughts peeps?

trentdick2882
April 15th, 2003, 11:14 AM
After playing that game for a few hours and then stopping, I realized I started looking at my own life as a Sim's schedule. It was scary.

Miriamele
April 15th, 2003, 12:04 PM
I used to play the Sims quite a bit, but then I suddenly went "what the heck am I doing?" Sitting there at my computer for hours and hours making sure all those little people remember to go to the bathroom and go to work and clean up their houses--meanwhile my own house needs cleaning and I need to get up for work in the morning. The Sims is amusing for a little while but I think it's really too time consuming for something so pointless.

Twelve
April 15th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Interesting comments...I've been wondering if I should buy this game for my wife. However, based on what I'm reading here, I think I'll get her something else....

trentdick2882
April 15th, 2003, 07:25 PM
i'd definitely recommend something else. the Sims is kind of cool for like an hour while you're building your house and playing around with all the stuff, but the actual game is pretty dull. all you do is try to get a better job by pushing little icons by people's head and training your attributes. and the sim's voices get really annoying.

Miriamele
April 15th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Twelve I'd get your wife the new Sim City 4 or Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 instead (my personal favourite).

kahnovitch
April 16th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Okay this may be a little twisted, but there came a point when I was playing The Sims, when I wanted to murder everyone I knew in the game.
Your so called "friends" get in a bit of a sulk if you don't call them often enough and decide they don't want to play with you no more.
I doubt though, that there will ever be a Sim Serial Killer game!

"Make new friends, then murder them and dispose of their bodies in one of many fiendish ways.
New, from Maxis software!"
:eek:

Dallandra
April 16th, 2003, 09:49 AM
I've never played the game. I've thought about buying it if it just was a bit cheaper. The Sim Serial Killer game-idea sounds great!!!:D

Stewart
April 16th, 2003, 04:20 PM
The Sims, that damn game has corrupted my little sister's mind! For 8 hours straight she played it on one day alone, every word that comes out of her mouth is about that stupid game! OH STEW LOOK AT MY SIMS! OH STEW MY SIMS ARE COOL! STEW BUY ME MORE SIMS FOR MY BIRTHDAY! ARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!:mad:

Twelve
April 16th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Miriamele
Twelve I'd get your wife the new Sim City 4

What's so good about Sim City 4?