PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Hemingway
April 25th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Well the draft begins tommorow! Any ideas on how it will turn out?

1- Carson Palmer- Definetly a lock at number 1, the contracts agreed upon, wrap this pick up.
2- Charles Rogers- Everyone's known this would be the Lion's pick, and I see no reason to change it now. harrington is going to have a bigtime target, but in my opinion the David Boston clone Andre Johnson will be the better player.
3- Andre Johnson- Texans would love to trade down, but if they stay Andre has to be the choice, or perhaps Jordan Gross, but that may be a reach at #3.
4- Dewayne Robertson- best dt in the draft, has a motor that churns throughout the entire game and he'll keep those pesky ol men off urlacher.
5- Terrance Newman- The next Sanders!
6-Terrel Suggs
7-Kennedy
8- Leftwich (best qb in my opinion)

I'll finish up the rest later tonight:)

kater
April 26th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Am I alone in thinking that Palmers is going to be another absolutely useless pick? The Bengals should have traded down imo, Chicago showed good sense in getting rid of that 4 pick for two top 25 picks - also I think your top 8 is flawed, I genuinely believe Macghee will be top eight still and there's not a chance in hell Newman is the next Sanders :D

kater
April 26th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Errrrrr I was wrong Palmer is still a sucky pick though :D

Hemingway
April 26th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I think New england has made some great moves for the future (ie. acquiring the ravens first round pick and a seconds rouner, but Ty warren...get outa here that's terrible! How about William Joseph! I also haven't been too impressed with their secon rounders...right now im looking for corey redding...very underrated...and chris brown.

kater
April 27th, 2003, 12:34 AM
I like the Bengals pick if Steinbach plays to potential, I like Chicago's picks apart from Lance Briggs who I'm not convinced of at all and all credit to the Cardinals - some clever moves got them some good high picks. Not sure if Buffalo have done themselves a favour or not, Macghee should certainly be redshirted for the next season but their other two are decent picks - maybe should have held out for a starter rather than a gimp this year though. Good luck to those guys who went to the Texans :D

Hemingway
April 27th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Hmm I might want to rescind those comments about the second rounders. Eugen Wilson at CB looks like a real top notch corner, very impressed with the amount of pass defenses he's accumulated. I think it's possible he could step in there as a starter, but better to take a year as a nickle back behind Old Man Otis Smith. The wr Bethlam I think.... looks like a real explosive player, supposedly one of the fastest guys in the draft, if not the fastest...but I still see him as a major reach. In most mock drafts he wasn't even rated in the top 10!

Looks like my top 8 wasn't too far off. Who would have thought Arizona would screw themselves over so terribly. Both picks are reaches, and they missed out on the best pass rusher (Suggs...how did he fall down to the ravens! Lucky bastards!).

Other notables: Kelly Washington faling into the third round...what a steal! Kelsay at DE originally projected by many as a late first rounder falling into the third round. The vikings a complete joke...missing their pick two years in a row, and in my opinion they should have taken kennedy over Kevin Williams. Though the vikes may have redeemed themselves by scoring a great ILB in EJ Henderson.

Buffalo really dropped the ball..they don't need a RB, what are they thinking. They just signed Henry to a long extension...methinks we're looking at a trade down the road. Also I disagree, Macgahee wasn't worth a first rounder by any team, besides perhaps the last 1st rounder by the Raiders.

How about Boss going into the second..suprise surprise..I believe Boss will be a bit of a bust though. He has the physical attributes, but I don't see him transferring that ability to the field.

Carson was the right pick here, when a guy draws comparisons to Troy Aikman and Bledsoe, you have to snag him. The only other option I believe worthy of number 1 would be Terrel Suggs, a pass rush can make all the difference to pass defense, and the bungles realy need that.

As we go into day two watch the pats make a lot of trade moves, still way too picks. I would expect them to trade a 5th rounder, and move up the board six or seven spots in the 4th round.

The best player left I think is the giant Tony Pashos OT, I think the pats are going to move up and grab this guy.