PDA

View Full Version : Need title of old short story

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

madauthor1
April 30th, 2003, 10:40 PM
I have been driving myself crazy trying to ID the following short story, which was published sometime before 1970 (and probably before 1960):

PLOT: An alien spaceship lands on a devastated Earth (I don’t remember how this came about). The aliens are amazed to discover human survivors. They survived, however, because they were already dead – they’re vampires! I distinctly remember the last scene, where the main character (a ship’s doctor, I believe) commits suicide rather than let the vampires get him. Any help would be appreciated.

There are a number of SF short stories that I would like to read again but can’t identify. I don’t wanted to bombard this board asking about all of them, so does anyone know any oinline forums/message boards/whatevers that might help? Something like a Department of Lost Stories?

lemming
May 1st, 2003, 02:18 PM
This is the usual place to ask for lost SF stories, madauthor. I got started on this forum myself when I was desperate to find the title of Unready to Wear by Kurt Vonnegut (as it turned out to be). Ask your questions, try to answer others and maybe you'll get hooked too. :)

In the meantime, sorry, I don't know the answer to this one. You might also like I am Legend by Matheson, however--another postapocalyptic story in which vampirism is normal and the main character is the last regular guy.