PDA

View Full Version : Movie Genre

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

lacorte
May 1st, 2003, 10:50 AM
Not sure how many people will vote in this far flung forum, but what genre of movie is your favorite?

I went for comedy, my top 3 movies are:

1) Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler)
2) Grosse Point Blank (John Cussak, not sure on the spelling).
3) Shrek (Mike Myers etc)

juzzza
May 1st, 2003, 11:33 AM
I went for Sci Fi / Fantasy, but in reality I like Horror and Action just as much and often a film will blend genres together anyway.

My faves:

LOTR
The Matrix
Blade Runner
The Ring
Minority Report
Dog Soldiers
XMEN

I like really crappy horror too, I have a thing about buying crap DVDs at the moment, like Sasquatch lol.

fluffy bunny
May 1st, 2003, 04:36 PM
Forgive me for not sticking down a specific genre- prefer each film to be different if possible. If I had to choose it'd be film- noir probably- maltese falcon, third man, night of the hunter, sunset boulevard etc

kahnovitch
March 12th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Sci-fi and Fantasy of course.

I grew up watching the works of Ray Harryhausen (Sinbad, Jason and the Argonauts), Terry Nation (Doctor Who, Blakes 7) Battlestar Galactica and Shatner's Kirk, so it was my staple diet of escapism for many years.
The effects were rubbish by today's standards but there was something compelling about the shows.
As a young kid I knew the monsters and aliens were generally guys in bad constumes, but we just didn't care that much then.

Archren
March 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
It was a heck of a toss-up between comedy and scifi/fantasy, but I went with comedy. My all-time favorite movie is the LOTR triology, but after that the list if full of "The Princess Bride," "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Clue," etc.

ezchaos
March 12th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I picked 'Other'. My favorites are probably historical movies. Also, I love political suspense and war/military movies.

Braveheart
Gettysburg
Gladiator
Saving Private Ryan
Stalingrad
Seven Days in May
The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
A Few Dollars More
The Baker Incident
Battleground
The Thin Red Line

As much as I like Scifi/Fantasy I find that many of the movies in that genre disappoint me because IMO they end up being campy and cheesy.