SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Cadfael
May 12th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Craaaaaaak...

Cadfael's eyes flicker open... the Raven stands by his head, one beady eye staring into his. He tried to move his head and the pain explodes throughout his body. "I took a beating this time my Lady" his teeth clenched... breathing hard to get through the pain.

CraaaaaK... the Raven dances from leg to leg...

"If you have come to take me... you will be doing me a favour" he says... looking at the bird "I do not think I am much good for anything after this" His mind once more slips to where the pain cannot touch him....

Hands.... hands touching him, soothing him, downs his ruined leg, probing... he opens his eyes... "Oh.. its you, your here" he sighs.

"Where else would I be?" she replies... all the time caressing his leg, cooling and healing. He feels sharp pain as the bones knit together..."Your neck was the worst... I kept you under to do that"

Cadfaels hand raises to his throat, and he feels whole healthy flesh beheath his fingers. "Your good" he smiles, one hand reaching out to her shoulder..."Thank you my love... I.. I..." his voice trembles... "I though I was...."

"Shhhhh... I know... sleep now" she touches his forhead and he sinks into restfull sleep...

Eldanuumea
May 12th, 2003, 04:02 PM
In answer, the wounded miscreant suddenly lunged and made a grab for e-Berry's sword, despite his severe shoulder wound, which was pouring blood. His hand closed on the blade, and she instinctively yanked it up and back, cutting a deep gash in his palm as she did so. She swung it back and swirled it around, but through some unbelieveable burst of strength, he rose from his knees and lunged for her feet.
Grabbing her about the ankles, he screamed in pain but held on, and e-berry found herself toppling backwards to the ground. She sliced at his arm but missed, and she cried out in anger.

"You foul bastard!" she shrieked, and with all her might she kicked out, her heel clipping his cut shoulder. He yowled and loosened his hold, so that she was able to kicik free. Rolling over she hopped back up, to find her enemy curled up, trying vainly to keep pressure on the freely bleeding wound. She kicked at his side, and he doubled up even tighter, rolling over onto his knees, his head sunk into the ground with a grimace of agony.

Stranger
May 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM
http://www.e-cadfael.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/larger/100x100/100_028.jpg

He was a fool. He still thught he could whip a woman. A knife flashed, catching e-Berry in the thigh. Her armor took most of it, but it still cut fairly deep.

One flick of her wrist opened his throat.

That was when she heard the screaming, the unmistakable roar of dragons and the thunder of fire flames.

Mounting up and grabbing the mules' lead line, she rode like the wind. It seemed to take forever.

The battle made the canyon floor shake. She knew Cad was in trouble and urged the Arab to her best speed on this tricky gound.

she passed several men running for their lives and cut them down without even pauses. Let no one escape, Cad had said.

She found him, lying there, with a monstrous Black Dragon lying on top of him. He was either dead or asleep. She looked around. Stranger was nowhere in sight.

Cadfael
May 12th, 2003, 05:57 PM
e-berry runs over to Cadfael... expecting the worst, and is amazed to see him climb to his feet, shaking his head to clear it. "Oh boys" he mutter, leaning on the body of the Black..."That was TOO DAN CLOSE!"

He notices e-berry staring at him... "I thought...." she said..."I expected... how did you... YOUR ALIVE!!" she ran at him and embraced him... "How the hell are you standing there?"

"I have good recoverative powers" he winks at her..."Now my love... lend me your shoulder untill I get my breath back.. we need to find the Celt..."

Stranger
May 12th, 2003, 07:58 PM
http://www.e-cadfael.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/larger/80x100/80_111.jpg

They were interrupted by the clatter of hooves, many hooves, coming up their backtrail.
Rounding the bend came a column of riders, heavy cavalry, riding in formation.

At their head rode a giant of a man with a great sword at his back. Seeing them, he raised a hand. A voice rang out, "COM-PA-NEEEE...HOO"!

The column stopped as one man. Not a sound was heard, except an occassional jingle of harness. A horse snorted.

The lead rider removed his helm, and surveyed this most unusual scene. He was a square-jawed, rugged looking sort, with ice-blue eyes that missed nothing and short hair, graying at the temples.

Eldanuumea
May 13th, 2003, 10:04 AM
e-Berry glanced at Cadfael, her eyes revealing she did not know the identity of this bold brigand and was hoping the mad monk might shed some light.

Stranger
May 13th, 2003, 10:12 AM
http://www.e-cadfael.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/larger/80x100/80_111.jpg

Those eyes fastened on e-Berry, taking in the armor, the blodded sword. Ne nodded respectfully, his fist coming to his chest in the thumping Warrior's salute.

"Good morrow to ye, Warrior Maiden. I am Colonel Octavius Lucius. And a passing strange sight do ye present me here".

"Are my eyes deceiving me, or be that a dragon I see lying dead at your feet? I thought them creatures of myth".

"And I must assume that you and yon good Friar be its slayers. You be mighty warriors indeed".

Eldanuumea
May 13th, 2003, 10:29 AM
e-Berry nodded in greeting, saying, "We are well met, Colonel Lucius. My friend the Monk is indeed the Dragonslayer. The blood you see on my sword once belonged to that headless villain you no doubt passed on your way up here. "

She stared directly into his blue eys without flinching, wondering where Stranger had gotten to, wondering if this Colonel Lucius was truly friend or foe.

Stranger
May 13th, 2003, 10:56 AM
The Colonel gazed keenly at the Monk. Cad could feel him guaging, appraising.

"Well then, good Father" he replied, "Then you've been about more than vespers and lighting candles. This is a tale I surely must hear. Lef-TEN-ant"!

"SIR"!

"Have the men fall out! We bivouac here"!

"SIR"!

An officer whirled and rode back down the line issuing orders. The Colonel dismounted and walked over to the Black, inspecting it closely, banging on the armor-like hide, noting the claws, the teeth, the massive tail.

"Amazing creature. By the gods, look at those teeth. Near as long as my sword".

Turning to Cad he said, "Would ye object to my men skinning and filleting this beast? He would make steaks for a month".

To e-Berry he said, "Warrior Maid, that is one of the finest horses I've ever laid my eyes on. Wherever did you acquire such a beauty"?

Eldanuumea
May 13th, 2003, 11:10 AM
"She is a fine mare, is she not?" replied e-Berry, stroking her horse's long mane. "She was a gift..... from a friend," she added, not sure of how much she should reveal to this unknown colonel.

Cadfael's chest seemed to swell as he walked around the fallen dragon, inspecting it with the colonel and some of his men. e-Berry herself had never tasted dragon flesh, and her curiosity was piqued.