View Full Version : Favourite film intros

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

kahnovitch
May 11th, 2003, 06:38 AM
What film intros are your favourite and most memorable?
The ones that grab your undivided attention and have you sitting in gleeful anticipation of what looks like a great movie?

For example the opening of Blade (one) when Wesley Snipes boldly strolls into a nightclub filled with vampires and commences to slay everyone in sight.

What are your most memorable intros?

Nevyn
May 11th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Definately the most memorable opener that I've ever seen is from the movie " Betty Blue " . Two people completely naked and well and truely going for it , certainly hooked me from the start .

The Blade scene that you mentioned is absolutely one of the best openers for an action movie , it really set the mood for the rest of the flick !

Dominus
May 11th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Well, because I just saw it and everything, the Nightcrawler scene from X2, very cool. This might change in..ah yes, 4 days and about 2 hours....

kater
May 11th, 2003, 01:37 PM
I think the Bond films, particularly the recent ones with brosnan have a history of doing great starts before cutting to the weird credits/opening music bit. Imo though it has to be Usual Suspects.

Lifino
May 11th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Matrix. "No Lieutenant. Your men are already dead."

Though, yes. This'll change on the 15th.

The begining of The Shawshank Redemption... Though it didn't do anything for me the first time I saw it, now every time I start the movie, when I see Robbins drop that empty bottle on the ground, all the emotions and snippets of the movie come rushing past me...

Bear
May 11th, 2003, 05:02 PM
I've always liked the intro to Trainspotting. It's one of my favorites.

Shanoncia
May 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I like to beginning to the Lion King. Yes... i'm a dork... :D

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~lrtc/tlk/images/header.jpeg

Lifino
May 11th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Shanoncia
I like to beginning to the Lion King. Yes... i'm a dork... :D

Well if we're talking Disney, I'm fond of the fisrt part of Aladin. And you're not a dork.

Lucky Joe
May 11th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Swordfish has to have one of the best intro's going, when that bomb went off it was just incredible.

trentdick2882
May 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM
I really like the beginning of Requiem for a Dream, just because it set the tone for the movie so well.