View Full Version : A comedy Fantasy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Morgan
May 13th, 2003, 04:57 AM
ok... I'm prostrating my work humbly before you all... I have uploaded the first chapter of my fantasy/comedy to sffworld. If the have either the time or the inclination, then I would appreciate your thoughts on the work.

it can be found at: http://www.sffworld.com/authors/e/ewington_andrew/fiction/limpitmuskin1.html

be warned it might offend the mainstream fantasy-loving readers out there, so if you have a heart condition, heavily pregnant or suffer from a bad back, then I advise you not to join the ride.

thanks. M.

Morgan
May 13th, 2003, 05:03 AM
as an addendum the beginning scene has been changed from what is originally on Sffworld - (I re-edited after a drunken binge and I'm much happier with it - if you wish to read it in it's latest incarnation - then PM and I'll happily direct you to where it can be found.)

M.

Morgan
May 14th, 2003, 04:09 AM
*...hmmm maybe I should have offered free beer as an incentive...*

Vladimir
May 14th, 2003, 05:25 AM
uuh free beer?

I'll read it for beer :)

when I've got time anyways

Morgan
May 14th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Vladimir
uuh free beer?

I'll read it for beer :)

when I've got time anyways

give me a postal address and I'll mail one to you... what brand? :P

Vladimir
May 14th, 2003, 06:24 AM
well... after reading the 3 first pages I get the urge to strangle this Morgan fellow with my bare hands and torch down the inn ... good work :)

Morgan
May 14th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Vladimir
well... after reading the 3 first pages I get the urge to strangle this Morgan fellow with my bare hands and torch down the inn ... good work :)

that's anti-heroes for you :D

Morgan
May 14th, 2003, 10:47 AM
*... what about if I throw in a packet of pork scratchings too?...*

KatG
May 14th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I couldn't read all of it, but I would say that you are doing something funny, and not at all irregular or controversial. And I'd suggest again that you definitely read Glen Cook's Garrett P.I. series; it may be helpful. The first one is "Sweet Silver Blues" but any of them will do ya.

I don't usually read the stories posted for feedback as I don't have time, but I couldn't stand the pleading. :)

Morgan
May 14th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by KatG
I couldn't read all of it, but I would say that you are doing something funny, and not at all irregular or controversial. And I'd suggest again that you definitely read Glen Cook's Garrett P.I. series; it may be helpful. The first one is "Sweet Silver Blues" but any of them will do ya.

I don't usually read the stories posted for feedback as I don't have time, but I couldn't stand the pleading. :)

...the irregular and controversial stuff comes later... 'probably end up being banned by the church' sort of controversial, but hey, I'm already destined to burn in hell...

thanks for taking the time to take a peek, I'll cease badgering the members further and let it duely slip away to the second page and into obscurity...

I'll go onto amazon now and get myself a copy of 'Sweet Silver Blues'...
(update: Amazon is out of stock... so I'll wait until they get a new batch)

cheers! M.