PDA

View Full Version : Game Mods

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kahnovitch
May 14th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Thought I start a thread for all the gamers about mods.
Great for breathing new life into your favourite games after you've played them to death.

To start I've been checking out some Max Payne mods recently, specifically the "Blade2" "TheOne" and "Matrixed Reality" mods from this website....

Max Payne Mod site (http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/dlcat.php?cat=weapon)

There are a stack of great mods here. The most popular ones being "Kungfu 3.0" and "Matrixed Reality"

There is rumours of the two being combined for the ultimate Matrix Mod.
The Matrix mod includes a reconstruction level of the legendary lobby gunfight from the film, plus new "shootdodge" moves like cartwheels and the "drunken dodge" when Neo dodged fire from the agent on the rooftop.

I know some of you gamers are probably well aware of these already, but I thought a thread where we could post comments, suggestions and links about mods for any games we like, might be nice. :)

Bear
May 14th, 2003, 03:22 PM
I played the tacops mod of unreal tournament like a crack fiend, and don't get me started on the infamous counter strike. For multiplayer, the mods were better than the hosts on those two.

trentdick2882
May 15th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Day of Defeat is an awesome mod. I never got into Counterstrike, but I love Day of Defeat. I think it is mostly just the WW2 aspect of it that I enjoy more than terrorists vs. counter-terrorists. Anyone else playing this? The retail version just came out, so if you don't have Half-Life you can buy that for just Day of Defeat. It seems kind of dumb though, cause you can just buy Half-life for like 10 bucks and then download the new Day of Defeat for free....I guess it's just a time-saver for those with slow internet connections, but they wouldn't be playing Day of Defeat anyway! Oh well.

milamber_reborn
May 16th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Just looking athrough a PCPowerplay from last year adn found a reccommended mod. www.planethalflife.com/bushido/

Changes everything to Feudal Japan, with an appropriate honour code. From what I've seen it looks and sounds pretty cool.

You'll have to hunt for the download link.

Stewart
May 19th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Just downloaded the Macross one and I'm loving it, hate the Bab5 and Star Wars/Star Trek ones, know any good ones?

kater
May 19th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by trentdick2882
Day of Defeat is an awesome mod. I never got into Counterstrike, but I love Day of Defeat. I think it is mostly just the WW2 aspect of it that I enjoy more than terrorists vs. counter-terrorists. Anyone else playing this? The retail version just came out, so if you don't have Half-Life you can buy that for just Day of Defeat. It seems kind of dumb though, cause you can just buy Half-life for like 10 bucks and then download the new Day of Defeat for free....I guess it's just a time-saver for those with slow internet connections, but they wouldn't be playing Day of Defeat anyway! Oh well.

Now that is what I'm talking about - DOD rawks, I liked cowboy CS and I played a dodgy Tron version of CS (no kidding) but I think it depends how good the original game is .

Shenlok
August 29th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Hey, anyone played 'Cassandra Project' for Deus Ex? I cant get it cause im on 56k but i'd like to hear from someone who has played it. (20,000 word script in it!!)

Keyoke
August 30th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Battlefield 1942 has a few mods, but, Desert Combat has to be one of the best. It's amazing. New vehicles, troops, etc. They just need more maps is all. They use the old ones from the game, and a few unique maps.

Keyoke

fluffy bunny
September 9th, 2003, 09:47 AM
played tac ops for UT a lot a few yrs ago

Would have liked to have played the chaosUT mod online, but couldn't find any servers

Q3 jailbreak was top notch

speculative-one
December 4th, 2003, 10:35 PM
UT4E (Unreal Tournament Forever) is the most fun mod I've ever played... Awesome character classes, stupendously fun weapons... I played this mod for an entire year.

-speculative