View Full Version : Enter the Matrix

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nero
May 18th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Well, I rented the game the other day, and simply put it is mediocre.

The graphics are ho hum, but the cool moves you can do make up for them. Walking on walls and flipping around never gets old, along with dodging bullets. Playing with Niobe is alot more fun then Ghost, imo.

Another complaint is that it always seems too dark, and I can never really see anything. Does anyone else have this same problem?

What are your thoughts on the game?

milamber_reborn
May 18th, 2003, 11:08 PM
My friend got his pre-ordered copy the other day, so I'll tell ou when I play it.

The fact is movie tie-in games generally suck because they have to rush them out.

Dominus
May 19th, 2003, 09:33 AM
I actually bought it and beat the first few levels playing as Ghost (I also got Return to Castle Wolfenstein, been playing that more), and I find a fun game overall. The graphics were far below what I expected, but the really cool part are the live-scenes in widescreen interspersed through the game with the actual actors in it, very cool. I'll play it more and come back later. ;)

Nero
May 19th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Yes, I have to say it gets better as you go along. I've beaten a few levels with Niobe, and it really is a fun game. I keep finding new ways to flip around and jump off walls.

I agree, the movie cutscenes are fun to watch, and some of the in game cutscenes are also well done.

"Why do you always check your guns?
"You never know."

or something like that.

trentdick2882
May 19th, 2003, 09:07 PM
I haven't played the game, but they put a lot of work into the voiceovers and motion-capture from what I saw in a TV special. Also there's supposed to be an hour of extra movie footage in it. They kept saying how all the stuff they were doing had never been done before, but Half-Life 2 still looks better. :D

Dominus
May 20th, 2003, 10:08 AM
They kept saying how all the stuff they were doing had never been done before
I guess that's in reference to the movie cutscenes, because the gameplay/graphics certainly isn't anything special.

trentdick2882
May 20th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah, i think it was mostly in reference to the fact that the actors/actresses spent more time doing stuff for the game than most games where they just get no-name people to imitate.

Dominus
May 21st, 2003, 06:02 AM
I beat the game last night with Ghost, overall it was pretty fun. I loaded my game into the hacking section and once you figure out some passwords and such, you can access all of the ingame cutscenes, make 'music', and look at pictures of the levels, characters, guns, and vehicles, very cool. I've already beat the first few levels with Niobe, the game is a lot easier once you've played through the levels. Oh yeah, at the very end I had to fight Seraph and lost and I couldn't redo it, can someone tell me what happens if you do beat him, thanks! :)

Dominus
May 22nd, 2003, 06:43 AM
The little kissing scene with Neo in Reloaded is repeated in the game with both Ghost and Niobe. Lesbians, whoohoo!

Anyway, the fact remains that almost all the levels are different with the different characters, in either small or big ways, it makes the game very interesting.

Dominus
May 23rd, 2003, 10:03 PM
Oh yeah, at the very end I had to fight Seraph and lost and I couldn't redo it, can someone tell me what happens if you do beat him, thanks!

yah, i r stoopid, i didn't think to load the level again, nevermind

Well, I beat the game with both Ghost and Niobe, and the individual levels are fairly different in most sections of the game, certainly enough to play each character. What's really cool is the DVD sequences after you beat Seraph, with the 'new' Oracle (since the actor who played her died), who explains (sort of) why she has a new face. Very cool.