View Full Version : Getting to know people here

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Jack Foster
May 21st, 2003, 07:07 AM
I would like to introduce myself to everyone here whom may not know me, I am Jonathan Isenor. I was trying to sell my book and someone suggested that I let people get to know me better, and i thought it was a good idea.

Ouroboros
May 21st, 2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Jack Foster
[B]I would like to introduce myself to everyone here whom may not know me, I am Jonathan Isenor.

Can you expand on that? Who is Jonathan Isenor ? :D

Jack Foster
May 21st, 2003, 07:19 AM
I am complex person to explain, but I am an author from Equilibrium Books, I wrote The Dead City and have a few short stories up here, also i have various poetry up at The Writer's Voice. How's that for an intro?

juzzza
May 21st, 2003, 07:43 AM
http://www.equilibriumbooks.com/deadcity_covlg.jpg

This is Jon's book for everyone who is interested, available from Erebus' Equilibrium book store.

So Jonathan, welcome to SFFWORLD.com.

Feel free to let us know a bit about your book, the characters, how you developed it, your experience with your publishers and so on.

Juzzza

****MOD NOTE****

And Jack, you've plugged your book in quite a few threads now, whilst we are delighted that you have been published and wish you all the success that you deserve, this is a discussion forum and not the place for free advertising. Can I ask you not to create any more threads specifically about your book, this is the third one I have counted... Thanks

Jack Foster
May 21st, 2003, 08:58 AM
Well I've been writing for thre years now(since I was 16) and finally got a big break with Equilibrium Books, right now my second book is beng published by another company, and I've just finished writing a book of poetry entitled 'One' that i plan to submit after i create the cover. (which I have a good idea for) Writing The Dead City was a huge change for me, I felt myself grow so much as an author , it was an awesome experience, also neil was good to work with. One thing I want to say is that if you have your heart set on writing go after it, because no matter howmany people tell you that you can't, you can! Sorry about the posts Juzza!

Jonathan

pcarney
May 21st, 2003, 12:39 PM
Published at 19- Not bad at all!

Jack Foster
May 21st, 2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks pcarney

Ouroboros
May 22nd, 2003, 09:49 AM
Is Equillibrium a self-publishing company (i.e if you have the money, you can do it), or do they choose who they publish?

(confused)

Erebus
May 22nd, 2003, 10:01 AM
We probably reject more manuscripts than we accept, and some of those we do accept still have to be polished somewhat, others don't. However, we try to give as many new authors as we can a chance to see their works in print. This was the case with Jack, whose persistence with submissions demonstrated to us that he was working hard to improve and therefore we opted to give him a chance to bring his work to the world. We do have to pass on a few set up costs, so yes, there is a small author investment required. However, we are hoping to do away with this eventually and have already selected a couple of manuscripts which we are publishing fee free.

So, Ouroboros, the answer to your question is actually a little of both I guess. :)

Jack Foster
May 22nd, 2003, 11:27 AM
Erebus,
Can I send you a book for you to consider for fee free? it's a book of poetry written by me!

Jonathan