PDA

View Full Version : When did you start writing?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pollux V
May 22nd, 2003, 09:34 AM
I believe that I started when I was around nine years of age (fifteen now). However it could have been earlier or later, my memory of the earlier periods of my life is a bit sketchy. I still have some of my really, really old stories, and they're pretty terrible, full of cliches, obviously inspired from various action scifi movies, etc. But it was my beginning. I think that I started writing just because I used to spend a ton of time in my basement playing with legos and weaving "intricate" stories with them. My mom may have suggested that I start writing, to take those stories down (she could hear me upstairs heheh). I'm not sure.

So, how about you?

Twelve
May 22nd, 2003, 09:55 AM
Well, every kid had to write tiny essays for school when they were in kindegarten. I used to love dinosaurs and so I wrote an essay about them, and won the award for the best essay of my class. Woohoo. It all started from there!

Holbrook
May 22nd, 2003, 11:29 AM
Wrote for the school paper, even got short listed for a few local writing competitions.

Forgot about it, got caught up in the madness of life, marriage, children. Hit 45 and bam! Call it mid-life crisis, call it this is for me time, call it insanity. Started writing again and haven't stopped in nearly five years can't see me stopping till I am six feet under..

choppy
May 22nd, 2003, 12:10 PM
every kid had to write tiny essays for school when they were in kindegarten. I used to love dinosaurs and so I wrote an essay about them, and won the award for the best essay of my class.

In kindergarten? Wow. When I was in kindergarten the letter A was just three sticks.

I started pretty early too. I finished the first thing that looked reasonably like a novel when I was fifteen. I wrote it out in longhand - mostly up at my cottage on summer vacation.