View Full Version : Sweet Home Alabama

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dallandra
June 4th, 2003, 06:48 AM
I just bought the movie, I watched it once and then I just had to watch it another two times!! I love movies like that!! Romantic comedies are the best!!

Have anyone seen the movie, and what did you think of it?

Jake is so cute!!! Josh Lucas!!! http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0256415/12_CT-2350.jpg

Twelve
June 6th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Hehe...trust me, one of my minor missions in life is to get a hold of this movie and bring it home.

Did you buy the American version DVD, Dallandra, or the European version? It doesn't seem to be out in Switzerland...

kyria
June 7th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Sorry, 12.. :(

SPOILER!!!

I liked it :) I kinda wished that the other guy was a jerk or something, so that dumping him wouldn't be so awful... :(

I'm looking forward to Legally Blonde 2 :)

Twelve
June 7th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by kyria
I liked it :) I kinda wished that the other guy was a jerk or something, so that dumping him wouldn't be so awful... :(

I'm looking forward to Legally Blonde 2 :)

Aaaaarrrghhhh....please give spoiler alert next time...:mad:

Anyways, I loved Legally Blond as well. I plan on watching that in the theaters this July, during my two month stay in Alabama...

Dallandra
June 7th, 2003, 01:34 PM
I bought it on VCR not DVD!!! We don't have a DVD-player here at home, my parents don't think it is worth puting so much money on and I don't have the money so...

I knew from the beginning that she would choose Jake in the end but the neding was still a surprise.

I haven't seen Legally Blond, it's good?!?

SPOILER!!!!

I love the scene where Melanie has come to Jakes house and has taken all his stuff when Jake goes and opens the fridge and says:
- What the hell is this, chick-food?!?
There is just so many quotes in the movie that I love!!
And don't you think Josh Lucas has incredibly blue eyes!!

kyria
June 7th, 2003, 02:30 PM
If you liked Sweet Home Alabama, you'll also like Legally Blonde :) Get a copy of it now! :) :) :) Aaarrrggggghhhhh... you don't know what you've missed!

Reese is really fun to watch in these type of movies.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

I liked the scene when Jake got her arrested, you know, when Melanie first arrived back in town. That whole scene from start to finish was funny :)

And the scene where he packed his stuff to go off to the lightning place when Melanie was going to get married was just... just... I can't find the words..

And the way he never signed the divorce papers.. and when he finally did in the end...

*sigh*

And don't you think Josh Lucas has incredibly blue eyes!!

and tousled hair, a sheepish look.. cute.. :)

Dallandra
June 14th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Well I find the soundtrack after all and bought it yesterday, it was the only copy of it in the whole shop!!

I LOVE The Callings Keep your hands to yourself!!!! I just wish they also had the other version of Sweet Home Alabama on the cd. The one where the guys on the festival or what it is play it!!!

Obtuse
June 24th, 2003, 12:48 AM
I'm not a real big fan of romantic comedies, but my wife made me watch Sweet Home Alabama, and it was actually kinda decent. Just don't tell my wife I said that.

Dallandra
June 25th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Godmage
I'm not a real big fan of romantic comedies, but my wife made me watch Sweet Home Alabama, and it was actually kinda decent. Just don't tell my wife I said that.

So...you have a soft side after all:D

just joking...

Obtuse
June 25th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Dallandra

So...you have a soft side after all:D

just joking...

Indeed I do. What would make you think otherwise?:p