View Full Version : Quote quiz pt 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

fluffy bunny
June 4th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Since I can't find the original, I thought the sequel needed bringing up. Name the films:

1. Intelligence. Nothing has caused the human race so much trouble as intelligence.

2. Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane

3. Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

4. Amputate a man's leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me mum, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?

5. It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either.

6. If those sweethearts won't face German bullets, they'll take French ones!

7. You give me powders, pills, baths, injections, enemas; when all I need is love.

8.All right, people, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!

9. Hasta la vista, baby!

10. Oh, yes sir. Bit me right in the buttocks. They said it was a million dollar wound, but the army must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars.

Nevyn
June 4th, 2003, 09:13 AM
3. Pulp Fiction
9. Terminater 2
10. Forrest Gump ?

Mamb
June 4th, 2003, 10:22 AM
2. Shawshank Redemption

kahnovitch
June 4th, 2003, 10:41 AM
8 is from Aliens.

4 possibly "silence of the Lambs"

fluffy bunny
June 4th, 2003, 12:45 PM
all correct so far- some of the other films may be a little older (well 5's not)

trentdick2882
June 4th, 2003, 03:59 PM
5. American Beauty

Kilroy
June 4th, 2003, 05:53 PM
6. Paths of Glory?
7. Bridge over the River Kwai

Kilroy Was Here

Lifino
June 4th, 2003, 06:52 PM
1. Seems none of have Intelligence.

fluffy bunny
June 4th, 2003, 07:21 PM
all done - just no 1 - the hitchcock film left

a few more for the boffins

11. "And remember, this gun is pointed right at your heart"
"That is my least vulnerable spot"

12. Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.

"Would you be willing to plant corroborative evidence on a suspect you knew to be guilty, in order to ensure an indictment?"
"Dudley, we've been over this".
"Yes or no, Edmund?"
"No!"
"Would you be willing to beat a confession out of a suspect you knew to be guilty?"
"No."
"Would you be willing to shoot a hardened criminal in the back, in order to offset the chance that some... lawyer..."
"No".
"Then, for the love of God, don't be a detective."

14. You heard of Kung Fu? Well prepare yourself for pork chop!

15. Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-bitch is shootin' back at you.

16. I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves. The enemy was in us. The war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days.

17. Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.

18. Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

19. I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart.

20. I always thought the joy of reading a book is not knowing what happens next.

21. Oh, wouldn't it be great if I *was* crazy? Then the world would be okay.

22. Your choice is simple. Join us and live in peace or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

23. With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the most reliable.

24. We are the Knights who say... NI!

25. Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back.

trentdick2882
June 4th, 2003, 07:34 PM
26. "Nobody messes with da Jesus."