View Full Version : Amazing Race 4

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

kyria
June 19th, 2003, 08:18 AM
How many of you watch this reality show?

I caught The Amazing Race 3 and got hooked. It's the only reality show I watch.

For any comments or whatever about the show, post here! :)

1. I find Reichen and Chip arrogant and obnoxious and I don't want them to win. I was smiling ear to ear when they didn't get the tag off the fiacre and they had to get off and give the carriage to another team :)

2. Teams unlikely to win the million $$:

The Air Traffic Controllers
The 2 Blonde Models - Tian and Jaree
The 2 Guy Best Friends - barely know they exist..
The 2 Clowns - barely know they exist... :)

What do you guys think?

Ouroboros
June 19th, 2003, 08:56 AM
If it doesn't have Penelope Pitstopp in there, then it can't be that amazing a race :D

On Irish TV we've had a show called 'Cabin Fever' running for the past few weeks. Basically it was several people crewing a ship.

I say 'it was', as a couple of days ago they all got drunk and somehow managed to sink the ship. Most of them had to be fished out of the water by the coastguard, some swam to shore. Now they're planning on sueing the television station for assorted damages :rolleyes:

kyria
June 20th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Sorry.. just realized this thread was supposed to be in TV and Film.

Can someone move this thread, please? :)

Gonna watch the next installment later. Missed the live telecast, darn!

kyria
June 20th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Me again :( Guess nobody else is watching?

Just saw the new episode.

Darn! Those two pretty boys didn't get axed.. They almost were, though, and I was so ready to cheer..

Next week is a new week.. and hope springs eternal. :D Hope they get lost or something :)

Niphredil
June 20th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Hi Kyria. :)

I watch the Amazing Race too! And, like you, I got hooked last season.

I agree with you on Reichen and Chip.

I really can't stand half of that engaged couple, Kelly and Jon. Kelly is such a pain! Last night she was yelling at him when they were trying to get to that ligthhouse because she decided that he was going the wrong way, and then when they got to the lighthouse (only becuase of Jon!) she was all happy and kissing him. I'm sorry but I wanted to puke.

kyria
June 20th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Hi Niphredil! :)

Kelly and Jon:

Kelly kept wanting to do more for the team. She kept complaining that Jon won't let her do anything! But everything she's done so far isn't helping them win.

Agree with you. She keeps screaming at Jon all the time about him not knowing the directions, but it always turns out that she's wrong and Jon's right. She did that in Venice, too! How does he put up with it? :)

She's right about one thing, though. She hasn't made much of a contribution to the team! :)

Reichen and Chip:

When they got lost in the woods, I thought, "Yipee! They're going to get eliminated!" A pity they didn't :( How did they even manage to get in 6th or 7th? Ugh!

NeonKnight
June 21st, 2003, 10:21 AM
"My name is NeonKnight and I'm an AmazingRaceaholic.":D

Maybe its because one of my all time favorite movies is Its A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

I've been hooked since the first show of the first season, it is by far the best reality show I've seen. (although Eco-Challenge might be harder) I like the fact that the contestants are regular Joes for the most part, not Iron Men like onEco-Challenge.

I'm rooting for "The Clowns" this time around....

trentdick2882
June 21st, 2003, 10:35 AM
I would probably watch it if I had cable *sob*

kyria
June 21st, 2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by NeonKnight
"My name is NeonKnight and I'm an AmazingRaceaholic.":D

I've been hooked since the first show of the first season, it is by far the best reality show I've seen. (although Eco-Challenge might be harder) I like the fact that the contestants are regular Joes for the most part, not Iron Men like onEco-Challenge.

I'm rooting for "The Clowns" this time around....

Hi, NeonKnight!

Yeah, I think it is the best of the lot, too. I tried watching Survivor but just couldn't get into it. Temptation Island? Puhleeze! Joe Millionaire? Ugh!

I watch Fear Factor sometimes, but mostly only because there's nothing else better on, and I'm waiting for the next program (AXN Channel). But I think the host on Fear Factor tries too hard to be 'buddies' with his contestants, and trying to egg them on sometimes, trying to make them puke and give up next. Newsflash! It's not entertaining.

Phil's very dignified and it appears to me, a compassionate host.

Anyway, I like The Amazing Race because I like to travel, I like adventure, I like clues, put them together plus a million dollars.. and the teams are at least civil to each other and team up sometimes. There's just something unnerving about seeing the worst behaviors in people come up, like in Survivor. It's just very negative stressssss. It's like, people can be so mean, and I wonder how other people can stand to watch people tear each other apart.

TD2882,

Don't worry. We'll keep you up to date. You're still welcome to join in the discussion :)

nobody
June 22nd, 2003, 09:58 PM
I general dislike reality tv, many because it diplaces all the good tv programs, its got the state in Australia that there is only one Sci-fi on tv (if you can call futurerama sci-fi) and its on at 11pm.

I have to say though that amazing race is the best of them, although I thought murder in small town X might be better until I watched. Great idea, get a bounch of actors to be towns folk where a murder has taken place and set a bunch of ordinary people loose to find out who did it. Problem was they didn't let the people loose.