PDA

View Full Version : Have something Revolutionary?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

AHaxton
June 19th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Hello,

Do you have a science fiction novel or fantasy novel that revolutionary and totally different from anything else like The Matrix or The Lord of the rings? Im looking to help bring something revolutionary from you guys to life and into the world. I am experienced in Press Relations and Marketing. Id love to discuss your novel one on one. Please email me at alexhaxton@msn.com and we can discuss everything.

I AM VERY VERY INTERESTED IN THE WHOLE CYBERPUNK TYPE OF MANUSCRIPTS (HACKING ETC. MUCH LIKE THE MATRIX I WOULD SAY)

Regards,
Alex Haxton

choppy
June 19th, 2003, 06:20 PM
I'm just curious:

Are you an agent?

Do you have a website?

What work have you done? What authors have you worked with?

Your post is a little unclear. Are you looking for something like The Matrix, or not like The Matrix.

Hungry Jo
June 19th, 2003, 06:35 PM
lol I got plenty of revolutionary stuff...it's just all crap :)

James Barclay
June 19th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Mr Haxton,

This is a discussion forum where aspiring and experienced writers alike discuss their work and ideas with the intention of improving themselves with the ultimate aim for most of being published.

Frankly, your message is unhelpful, could lead to false hope and is of no use on this site as it stands. Take a look at the replies so far - users of this site are neither naive nor stupid. What they are, quite rightly, is suspicious.

If you are genuinely offering a service, I suggest you post a URL to a site that explains your service, credentials, aims, costs and benefits, a contract, references, and previous work you have done to help authors. At least. Being experienced in PR and marketing is of absolutely no help to an unpublished author whatsoever.

Right now, this looks like a spam message and could lead to people giving ideas in good faith that might then be used in another arena for profit they will not see.

If no suitable response comes back in 48 hours, I will have no hesitation in deleting this thread and blocking your address from this forum.

Don't fool around with people's hopes and expectations. Not on this site.

NOM

AHaxton
June 19th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Hello,

Im just an individual with money. Im looking to support someones "baby".

To Choppy: Im not looking for someone with a manuscript like the matrix, then of course it wouldnt be revolutionary. But some elements would be nice, hacking, cyberpunk.

Regards,
Alex Haxton

Bear
June 20th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Spider sense tingling. . .

IaNo
June 20th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Hey Hax! I believe in you! I've been waiting for an opportunity like this. I have cutting edge material. I've been trying to secure some funds from angel investors to get one of my novels made into a movie. The current budget is 30,000 and I've already raised half. You're guaranteed to get your money back a year or two after I graduate from dental school. I'd love to hear more about your marketing experience. PLease send me a private message whenever it is convenient for you. Thanks.

kahnovitch
June 20th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by AHaxton
Hello,

Do you have a science fiction novel or fantasy novel that revolutionary and totally different from anything else like The Matrix or The Lord of the rings?

Something totally UNLIKE The Matrix then.

I AM VERY VERY INTERESTED IN THE WHOLE CYBERPUNK TYPE OF MANUSCRIPTS (HACKING ETC. MUCH LIKE THE MATRIX I WOULD SAY)

So something LIKE the Matrix then?!

Well you've totally won my confidence with a complete contradiction in your first post.
Nice one!

Regards,

Kahnovitch.

Rocket Sheep
June 20th, 2003, 07:21 AM
No, no... he means something completely different like the Matrix was... and like LOTR was... even tho they'd been around for yonks and there's lots of similar stuff out there and it was just the fact that they were made into high action movies and suddenly everyone had access to them that they appeared to be different... and non geeky and accepted by the general public... and, you know all this, don't you? Because you know what else is out there... so... I'll shut up now shall I?

kahnovitch
June 20th, 2003, 07:26 AM
I SEE!

So something that is completely differerent from anything else I.E. LIKE the Matrix and LoTR.

Now I get ya!
Thanks Sheepie!

So only things that are similar to the biggest fantasy blockbuster and the biggest Science fiction blockbuster of modern day?

I imagine the whole of Hollywood is looking for those matey. :rolleyes: