PDA

View Full Version : Fable anyone?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

flintorama
June 21st, 2003, 07:24 PM
Just wondering if people have checked this out yet. Looks to be the greatest RPG game of all time. Like Morrowind but better, and it will actually work! For those of you that don't know it is a game that has a very open ended story, as well as a real and growing world.

For example the plants grow througout the game, and your character interacts fully with people! if your mean to someone thay will remember, if you eat too much, you will grow fatter through the game. If you leave an area for a long time and come back the foliage will have grown. There are also full seasons apparently, all in real time. If you don't finish the game soon enough (although this would be hard) you will grow old and die!

Sounds amazing!
Check it out at www.xbox.com in the Roleplaying section, or at www.fablegame.com

milamber_reborn
June 22nd, 2003, 12:54 AM
Formlery known as Project Ego, which was a cool name. It's shaping up to be great game, but that's Peter Molyneux for you. His games always have great potential. The Movies, BC, and Black & White 2 are also looking great.

http://www.lionhead.com/index2.html

Click on Games.

Bear
June 22nd, 2003, 03:28 AM
I've been following this game for a long time. If it's everything they say it will be, it will be absolutely genius.

Mamb
June 22nd, 2003, 04:43 AM
OK, that site is pretty annoying. I don't have the patience to go through painfully slow flash animations. Although I do appreciate the work that has gone into such detailed site-design, it should be an option to read some quick and simple stuff on the game.

But still, the game looks promising. I guess I'm going to have to wait for 3rd party sites for preview/reviews.

Twelve
June 26th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by flintorama

For example the plants grow througout the game,

Woooooooooweeeee!

I remain skeptical. I'll wait until it comes out before I get on to the hypemobile.

trentdick2882
June 27th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Haha, plants grow during the game, that's awesome. Finally a game where I can simulate my favorite activity of watching the grass grow.

Bear
June 27th, 2003, 01:25 PM
I think what he was trying to say was, if you drop an acorn early on in the game, come back in twenty years and it'll be a tree. Everything about the game runs on a time-based engine, so everything ages (including your character), goes through seasons, etc. It goes into a lot more detail than that though. If you get cut during a battle, it will leave a scar. If your the soldier type who's always running and swinging swords, your character will end up very beefy looking. Consequently, magic users age faster on account of their spells. Supposedly, you'll even tan depending on how much time is spent in the sun. And even your appearance is fully customizable. If you want to run around in a woman's dress, you can, but people will avoid you. You can also tatoo your body, shave your head--and say you save a village from destruction, if you come back, they will remember you and provide you aid, and even the children will begin to mimick your appearance, getting the same haircut and such.

I'm not sure how good the game is going to play, but if it indeed plays well, this game is going to be breakthrough. If not, it was a great idea.

trentdick2882
June 27th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I heard it wasn't quite as revolutionary as that. Basically, there are a certain number of periods in your life, and instead of everything happening to you in real-time, when you go to the next "period" your character changes. So basically everything is static in each period, but changes in between.

milamber_reborn
June 27th, 2003, 11:01 PM
If it turns out like Black & White it'll fall short of the hype. It'll still be a class apart for its innovation. Peter Molyneux dares to be original unlike most game developers.

I'm looking forward to The Movies even more. Good innovations and graphics in that game too.