PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else watch 'Stargate SG1'?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ickle Lulu
June 23rd, 2003, 08:23 AM
hey everyone - i may be incredibly sad but i was just wondering whether anyone other than me watched 'Stargate SG1'. Not sure whether it's on the TV in anywhere other than the UK, prob in US cos made there (!)
so................yeah....................does anyone watch it?
or should i now sink into being anonymous and use a different name now????:)

Eldanuumea
June 23rd, 2003, 08:26 AM
I used to watch "Stargate SG-1" religiously, and then my children pointed out how wildly implausible things were becoming. I stopped watching for a while.....but I've heard Daniel Jackson is back, and I was thinking of checking it out again.

Niphredil
June 23rd, 2003, 09:24 AM
I watch it. :) I've seen just about every episode at least once, but I've missed all of season five becasue here where I live the show got switched around to different channels, and I couldn't find it, so I missed quite a bit. :(

Ickle Lulu
June 23rd, 2003, 09:31 AM
glad i'm not alone in the world.
is it just me or does anyone else think Daniel Jackson is truely fine???!

Ouroboros
June 23rd, 2003, 10:00 AM
I've watched a few episoders of it. Not bad, IMO, but I think it's a bit repetitive. Sometimes I do wonder why this show has endured when stuff like Dark Angel, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond has been cancelled.

I like the way they've armed the team with P90 submachineguns in the latest series ... truly sexy pieces of kit. http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/5996/p90.htm

kyria
June 23rd, 2003, 11:20 AM
You're not alone :)

I watch it sometimes but it's just not as good as the movie. I think they're showing season 1 over here. I know, really old.

Obtuse
June 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM
I try to watch it regularly, but until recently my schedule didn't really allow it. I've always thought it is pretty good show, but to be honest, I'd rather still spend Friday nights watching Farscape.:(

Dominus
June 23rd, 2003, 01:43 PM
I love Stargate, in fact, I just bought the first two seasons on DVD last week. Great characters, great sfx (especially for TV), and moral philosophy in a sci-fi setting, brilliant.

nobody
June 26th, 2003, 10:53 PM
I enjoy it but found it a little predicible sometime, I can't watch it now 'cause it isn't on Australian TV (no SciFi is.)

Originally posted by Ouroboros
Sometimes I do wonder why this show has endured when stuff like Dark Angel, Firefly, Space Above and Beyond has been cancelled.

I saw the first couple of episodes of Space Above and Beyond, I wasn't too impressed. I heard it got better but they stop showing it in this part of the world so I'll probably never know for my self.

Dark angle was great eye candy, but I think the plot of Stargate was better.

Firefly was great, and sure seller (with Joss creating it) I really can't understand it being canceled. I think there must have been something more to it than ratings, interal politics or something.

starcrzr
July 2nd, 2003, 09:52 PM
I'm a fan of the show too. I like the watching monday night's 4 shows in a row on scifi channel.