View Full Version : Farscape

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

bcunderdog
June 23rd, 2003, 04:15 PM
Does any one else miss Farscape? I realized there was nothing on Friday night because Farscape was gone. What watch SG-1? No thanks. In my humble opinion, Farscape was one of the best shows on TV.

Ogg
June 23rd, 2003, 04:55 PM
Strange as it may sound you will find that there are more than a few around here that would agree with you. I know for a fact that Scarlett O'Hara is a HUGE fan, and Zack Ryan is right up there, although I don't think that he main-lines it as she does...;) Also OB1 is a Farscape fan, I know that there are othes but they don't come to mind at the moment.

At one point in the distant past we had a large group of Farscape Fan visitors.... But that is another story.....

You might also find the Dear Kosh thread in the playroom to your taste as a Farscape fan

Ogg

kyria
June 23rd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Also watch Farscape :) Not much of a diehard fan. Lost interest sometime after Chiana joined the crew.

Love the music though, the one that sounds like a thousand discordant musical instruments. I might catch the show later, catch up on what has happened. Fortunately, the AXN channel is showing it everyday :) Now on Season 3, 10th episode. Just checked the guide :)

Obtuse
June 23rd, 2003, 06:25 PM
Outstanding show that I never got to watch as often as I would like. I saw a lot of the first and final seasons, but not much in between. I do plan to remedy that, however, by buying the entire series on DVD one day.

Shehzad
June 23rd, 2003, 06:32 PM
Would've bought the DVD, except for the $125 price tag. Have downloaded and watched a few episodes, though; it's nice but, so far, a step below my favourite Babylon 5.

fluffy bunny
June 23rd, 2003, 07:06 PM
good show- watched quite a few episodes, but had to miss a few here and there. Pity it's not going to be resolved anytime soon.

Will probably pick up the box sets sometime, but not just yet- don't really have time to watch em at the mo.

Wish they'd hurry up with B5 and red dwarf though
Tried watching SG1 the other day- problem is they're either really good, or really naff. Sticking to smallville methinks

Obtuse
June 23rd, 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Shehzad
Would've bought the DVD, except for the $125 price tag. Have downloaded and watched a few episodes, though; it's nice but, so far, a step below my favourite Babylon 5.

Yeah, that price tag is a bit steep. That's why I said I would buy them "one day" (read: when I have some money).

I was only able to catch a few episodes of Babylon 5. It looked really cool, but I never watched enough to get in to it. I hope to remedy that one day (once again, read: when I have money to buy the DVDs).

milamber_reborn
June 24th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Farscape is shown sporadically on free-to-air in Australia, so technically it hasn't finished for me, I just don't know when they're going to air the rest of the season.

Also, Stargate hasn't been on for a long time.

Asraloth
June 24th, 2003, 06:33 AM
farscape is my favourite genre show, period. i'm a buffy/angel fan as well, but farscape is my favourite show of all time. it really showed what sci-fi on tv could do with a decent budget and a cast and crew of very talented people.

i'm really pissed off that there won't be a 5th season, especially since the sci-fi channel was apparently committed then bailed.

i own seasons one and two on dvd and never get tired of watching it.

great show. i can't say enough good things about it.

Shehzad
June 24th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Godmage

Yeah, that price tag is a bit steep. That's why I said I would buy them "one day" (read: when I have some money).

I was only able to catch a few episodes of Babylon 5. It looked really cool, but I never watched enough to get in to it. I hope to remedy that one day (once again, read: when I have money to buy the DVDs).

I have the Babylon 5 Season 1 & 2 DVDs. The combined price tag is still a little less than the tag for the Farscape Season 1. I'm not committing to spring for it UNLESS the episodes I download really hook me in. So far I see no indication of that happening.

Farscape is probably on Sci-Fi SOMEtime; however, with my brilliantly erratic schedule I'm unlikely to catch it for the same reason I have been unable to follow 90% of the TV programs. Makes me wonder why I bother with cable....