SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

juzzza
July 3rd, 2003, 03:18 PM
Wow, took a big step today.

I have never met my real father and today I put in motion the 'feelers' to try and locate him.

Quite a surreal process, all my mum can tell me about him is that he is Irish, about 60 now, and when she tried to divorce him it took 8 years because he was in the special forces!!! To make things more complex, when the divorce came through he had a new identity and my mum wasn't allowed to contact him direct.

I was just wondering if anyone else has used the Internet or any other means to trace family members?

Evil Agent
July 3rd, 2003, 10:02 PM
Never for family (although I have out of curiosity looked under my last name, which is very rare, and found some relatives living in other parts of Canada, but I'm not going to contact them or anything).

I have used it to find old schoolmates e-mail addresses though.

What a crazy tool.

Vladimir
July 4th, 2003, 12:26 AM
nope haven't tried to find people via the net.

good luch tho :)

Lifino
July 4th, 2003, 12:33 AM
I've never been in a position where I had to do that. I can't even imagine what it would be like... I am, unfortunately, in the position where I am forever cut off from certain important people in my life, I can't express how great it would be to have access a tool where I could regain contact with them... Consider yourself lucky, and I hope it ends out being something that you wish you had started years ago!

Best of luck Juzzz.

Rocket Sheep
July 4th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Some of us actually use the internet to avoid relatives...

Eldanuumea
July 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM
My hubby had long suspected he had step-siblings, and found a slew of them by doing name searches on the net. He is now veryclose to four half-brothers and sisters he never knew until a few years ago!

Kaz
July 8th, 2003, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't use the internet to find any more relatives - I can barely deal with the bunch I have (if any of you ever feel the need to expand yer family, lemme know - ye can have the lot o' mine)

Iskaral Pust
July 12th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Sometimes I do random searchs for people I already know. Amazing what you can find out. Like my best friend used to be in his school bridge club, which I would never have suspected.

Rumfuddle
July 15th, 2003, 08:15 AM
A cousin of mine found his biological parents via the public authorities here in Ireland. I suppose it's a small country and easier to track people down once they're still here. After that you either hit it off or you don't, he's very close to his newly found family now. It's always worth the try.

I've been googled and found a couple of times by old friends.

Beloved
July 16th, 2003, 11:06 PM
You wouldn't believe the blessings we have found online!!

My mother's best friend after 30 years
My brother's best friend after 7 years 3 months before his mother died of stomach cancer..
(it was fated, we decided we were meant to find them before she died)
My best friend after 3yrs and ex-fiance after 2yrs, living in Utah.

My father's best friend from high school!!!

And my sister's best friend from her youth!!!

My aunt is adopted and wants to consider looking for her Biological Mother, but isn't sure yet.

I love the WWW!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: