PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Eldanuumea
July 9th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Just got home from seeing Pirates, and I'd go right back and watch it again, right now!
Great fun....wonderful family film.
Johnny Depp is so marvelous in this quirky sort of role. He made the film, for me. Geoffrey Rush was, as always, magnificent. Orli put in a creditable performance, not spectacular but believable.

Amn added plus was the trailer for Viggo's upcoming film Hidalgo. Looks like a real winner.....surprised it will air in the fall, so close to RotK.

Pluvious
July 9th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Good family movie and some good things. Johnny Depp definately made the movie. Had good humor but the action scenes were very disney.

Amyria
July 15th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Oh my gosh, i loved it! Orlando Bloom and Johny Dep(P) are so hott in that movie! That lady, is she from bend it like Be-bleh whats his name. bleh, whatever. Great move - pirates of the carribean, i'm positively going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Se'dray-on
July 16th, 2003, 05:07 PM
I finally saw it and thought that it was absolutely great! Not the best I've ever seen, or destined to become a classic, but great for what it was supposed to be - a fun romp with pirates, skeletons and a love story.

And ya, Johhny Depp did make the movie.

Just one thing bothered me though. Why the f**k would they cast Orlando Bloom as a Blacksmith's Apprentice. He isn't nearly large enough for the role. If you bang away on hot metal for years on end, almost everyday, you're going to get big shoulders and huge arms.

Oh well, good besides that.:D

saintjon
July 17th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Good movie man. the secret rum stash made the whole flick.

Bear
July 24th, 2003, 12:09 AM
I thought the film could have been a lot more artistic in the filming department, but it was enjoyable. I wouldn't say it blew me away, but Jonny Dep was friggin' excellent. He always is, though, so no real suprise there. And the introduction to his character (Arriving on a sinking ship) was genius. Mr. Rush was also great, but when is he not?

DarthV
July 24th, 2003, 07:00 AM
The movie has been sold out here since it opened...and I hate crowded theatres. So me and a friend went to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen instead... not a bad flick.

Evil Agent
July 24th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Really? I heard nothing bad poor reviews, but I'm finding lately (especially this summer) that I'm almost always opposite of the reviews.

Stark Direwolf
September 14th, 2003, 09:55 AM
It just came out in Australia 2 days ago :( I went to see it today. A nice film, nothing spectacular but a fun romp nonetheless. If it could have matched the calibre of Johnny Depps acting we would have had a great on our hands..

Ickle Lulu
September 15th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean. WHAT a great film. mmmmmm, Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow........SO sexy, something about the eyeliner and dodgy accent!
Orlando Bloom came across as a bit weak to me, mind you the little goatie made him look less feminine. :)
I agree with Bear, i loved the opening scene - the way he just steps off onto the jetty - hahaha!
All in all, it wasn't a hysterically funny film, but, i took my aged father to see it as he hadn't seen a film at the cinema for about thirty years and it kept him chuckling - so thumbs up i think!