PDA

View Full Version : Spooks!!!!!


SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum


Pages : [1] 2

Holbrook
July 13th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Ok, this might not mean a thing to most, but any UK members watching "Spooks"?


http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/

As a want to be writer the scripts of this series amaze me, they are slick, smart and though I know a lot of it is hokum it certainly rocks.

I have just managed to get round to watching last weeks ep and well, talk about tense... lol...

Anyway what do others think of it....

Mamb
July 13th, 2003, 04:12 PM
It's good stuff. I didn't see the first few episodes (don't know when it first started) but got hooked a little over a month ago. And it is quality. It was one of the few TV programs I watched through my A-Levels.

Man, you're right about last week's episode. I was sh!itting myself!;)

Am I allowed to post spoilers? Only for last week's episode - I don't watch the BBC3 episodes. Well don't say I didn't warn you, anyone who hasn't seen it yet...:D

************
***********
*********


SPOILERS***********************


****************
************
***********


It was really well made - the way everyone's nerves were fraying and panicking, etc. I was totally outraged at the end that I and Tom's team had gone through all that for a drill. But on a more serious note, don't you think the drill went a bit far? I mean, can the team trust Tom and work for him when they have seen he is prepared to shoot to enforce his command? Would such trauma blow the team apart?

Thought the series would end there but fortunately it continues tomorrow...

Asraloth
July 13th, 2003, 07:19 PM
it just started airing over here in australia and i must say its pretty good. i have not missed an episode yet. usually the things we get imported from the uk are crappy comedies but spooks is great!

milamber_reborn
July 13th, 2003, 11:19 PM
In Oz where up to about episode 8 or so. Anyone know how many episodes in all?

It's the British 24, which means it's just as riveting, but slicker and more believable. Good acting. Everyone watch it!

Holbrook
July 14th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by milamber_reborn
In Oz where up to about episode 8 or so. Anyone know how many episodes in all?

It's the British 24, which means it's just as riveting, but slicker and more believable. Good acting. Everyone watch it!


Series One had six eps, the last one really was a cliff hanger.

Series two ep six goes out tonight, so not sure if this is the last in the present series or not......

It is slick, it is clever, though reality takes a ride into the sunset every now and then, it is good.

Hobbit
July 14th, 2003, 11:51 AM
If you're on cable/satellite, BBC THREE will show episode 7 tonight after episode six is shown on BBC ONE. (Episode 6 is the one about George Bush visiting, I believe?) Good, but not as good as the episode about the 'gas attack', which is the best i've seen (though the climax of Series 1 was pretty good). Series 1 is now out on DVD, btw.

And only three to go on 24 too.. :)

Hobbit

Holbrook
July 14th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Hobbit
If you're on cable/satellite, BBC THREE will show episode 7 tonight after episode six is shown on BBC ONE. (Episode 6 is the one about George Bush visiting, I believe?) Good, but not as good as the episode about the 'gas attack', which is the best i've seen (though the climax of Series 1 was pretty good). Series 1 is now out on DVD, btw.

And only three to go on 24 too.. :)

Hobbit

Hi Hobbit, sadly we don't have BBC THREE, but well tonight I nearly split my sides laughing, mug of tea any one???? and the final scene was a corker..... deep special relationship oh my.....

Hobbit
July 14th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Just watched the latest about a stolen briefcase/set of codes.

Hmmm.....had it's moments, but not one of the best.

I'm going to say 'Joe 90' and leave it at that. Will all make sense next week... (but it's in a secret code. *shhhh* *wink* etc. :))

You mean you didn't see that 'special relationship' on it's way. H? Thought it was pretty obvious myself. That and the psycho ex-girlfriend. ;)


There is another episode next week. (That's two more after the George Bush episode).

This is so NOT going to make sense to anyone not following the series... :)

Hobbit

Holbrook
July 15th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Hobbit


You mean you didn't see that 'special relationship' on it's way. H? Thought it was pretty obvious myself. That and the psycho ex-girlfriend. ;)

Hobbit

Oh yes I saw it, but was wondering how the writers would handle it without getting all mushy. The bit with the flyers in the telephone boxes was a nice touch....

Hobbit
July 15th, 2003, 09:23 AM
The bit with the flyers in the telephone boxes was a nice touch....

Yes, i thought that was quite funny too.

*writes it down in little black book*

:D

Psycho - Hobbit