PDA

View Full Version : Add on to the story

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Amyria
July 15th, 2003, 07:30 PM
I thought we'd start another one of those stories where anyone adds on what ever they feel like would fit... as long as it isn't too far-fetched. I will just start it off so that no one feels like they shouldn't.

The door slammed and bounced back open, letting a gust of wind sweep through the small cabin. Shiva uncurled herself from the chair and ran to the door, pushing against the wind until it was only a few inches open. "Clarya!" she yelled through the sheets of rain that pounded down on her village, "Clarya, don't do this! Don't do anything you'll regret!"
The rain only began to pour harder and the sky flashed with lightning. Shiva stepped out and grabbed onto the railing. The wooden decks were slick and Clarya could have easily slipped. The village was built entirely on the branches of several immense trees, it would have been a lethal fall. but Shiva was sure Clarya was smarter than that. Shiva pushed herself along until she came to the rope ladder, which was undone.

Evil Agent
July 15th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Clarya had always been the impulsive younger sister.
But she's smart too, Shiva kept telling herself.
She hated being out in a storm like this, but she wouldn't let Clarya face him alone. She grabbed the slick ropes of the ladder, and began to climb.

Monalisa
July 16th, 2003, 09:04 AM
A breeze caught the rope ladder as she hung on for all she was worth. Again Shiva found herself thinking that this was another way Clarya might have lost her life without honor. Honor was, after all, very important to the amazons and Clarya was one of their best fighters. As Shiva found the ground beneath her feet she realized that from here Clarya could have gone anywhere. But where else was there really to go to other than...

Amyria
July 16th, 2003, 09:14 AM
the beach. Shiva began to run leaping over logs and dodging boughs, but it seemed as if they just kept getting in her way, no matter which way she twisted or turned. Branches seemed to be reaching out to her like clawed hands. And then Shiva realized that they really were reaching for her. She paused and looked around. Vines slithered along the ground like snakes, one venturing far enough to rap itself around her ancle. "First Aeolus curses the night with this weather and now Artimis' favour has left us too!" Shiva cried as she ripped her foot from its grasp. Now she ran, tackling each branch that came near enough until she broke into the clearing that was the beach.
A figure in the distance was all Shiva could see of Clarya. "Clarya come back!" she cried as she dashed toward her, "Artimis herself could not keep me!"
Clarya neither stopped nor turned. Her figure continued to shrink into the distance...

Monalisa
July 17th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Shiva ran as fast as her feet could carry her. Clarya was now climbing a large pile of rocks that ended at a shear drop into the sea. She reached the top and stood defiantly against the pouring rains and whipping winds, leaning against her spear.
"Poseidon(?)!" she cried into the night, "I challange you!"
Shiva stopped dead in her tracks. She looked up as a wave began to swell up from the raging waters. "Clarya don't do this, it is not wise!"
Clarya ignored her and continued to stand her ground as the wave came roaring closer with Poseidon at its head, "Who dares to defy me?" his voice rumbled the very rocks she stood on. As the wave neared, Clarya wedged the spear into the rocks at a vertical angle and put all her weight behind it. "Remember the amazons, and remember Ammorlitta!"
The wave crashed into the cliff as Shiva watched in horror. Water spilled over soaking Shiva even further. As the water drained away she saw that the cliff was bare. Shiva watched Poseidon's retreating back with Clarya's spear through a shoulder, but being immortal, Shiva knew he wouldn't die.

Jonzey
July 20th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Clarya squirmed uncomfortably, in the squishy, slimy interior of Poseidon's stomach. It suddenly dawned on her that she had been eaten whole, and now must find a way to get out, before she suffocated.

Shiva ran to the top of the cliff, searching everywhere for signs of Clarya. oh no Clarya! what have you done!?! The wind and rain pelted her. She got down on her hands and knees and peered over the cliff, down into the violent waves crashing against the rocks. She wanted to see Clarya, yet hoped not to. She didnt want to see her sister's body being thrown about and lifeless against the rocks. She was almost relieved after several minutes of nothing, then felt a pang of worry as to where her sister had gone.

Amyria
July 20th, 2003, 10:40 PM
The worry dissolved into hatred as she looked out to the sea and saw the giant sea creature, otherwise known as Posiedon, drifting away into the sunrise. Shiva stood up and swore then and there that some day she would take her revenge.

"So we have lost Poseidons favour," Callista, queen of the amazons said more to herself than to the mass of women standing before her, "He has the power to destroy us, and has already managed to persuade his niece, Artimis, to side with him."
"Than we must get his favour back!" someone from the crowd shouted.
"Yes," Callista agreed, "But that can be no simple task. Poseidon is quick to anger, and slow to calm." Callista paused and looked around, "Shiva, you will go. Take as much as you need."
"ME?" Shiva asked, shocked at this sudden burden, "Why me?"
"Because," Callista said, "he has hurt you the most, and this is your chance to make peace."

saintjon
July 30th, 2003, 10:04 AM
"make peace when I am so bereft? Clarya was the only family left to me. The ashes of her pyre are not yet cooled..." Shiva's voice began to waver, for Clarya had been a pillar of stability in her life and now she was struggling to balance under weight of fear, loss and the shame of her sister's folly.

"Who will tend our belongings? Our home?"

Callista was implacable. Like a temple unto herself she stood before the assembly and laid out Shiva's fate. "It is upon your bloodline to amend this wrong. If you fail to restore your family honour you will be cast out. Worry not then of home or possession, for if you fail they shall be empty words to you regardless."

Shiva heard the words but couldn't confront the reality. She had reached a moment of crisis.