View Full Version : skip

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2]

lior
July 6th, 2001, 03:35 AM
I would just like to stress that When I raised the skimming issue I didn't mean textbooks, but only fiction, only stories.

[This message has been edited by lior (edited July 06, 2001).]

lemming
July 26th, 2001, 09:48 AM
I can't get through Samuel Delaney to save my life, but I don't skip, I just quit. I think I got 200 pages into Stars in my Pocket Like Grains of Sand... I will almost always give a book at least that long. 200 or 300 pages.

enazwo
July 26th, 2001, 10:35 AM
It's the samething with me. If I decide to read a book, I will read the entire thing. Some times I've been very happy to do so. However I can think of few where I was quite taxed. That last two books of Edding's Mallorean series. I hate to say this but Jordan is beginning to enter that territory, for me.

So as part of my discipline, or hard headed, fish on hook attitude, I read the entire book. I cajole myself by thinking well it's like going to see movie. I don't walk out and return for the actio scenes. I stay and watch the director's vision.

Just like the one who mentioned earlier, this has had a back lash of reading textbooks completely and slowing me down in that department.

enazwo