PDA

View Full Version : Japaneses Comics

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

jailer
July 31st, 2003, 09:57 PM
Hey guys. Do any of you read comics(manga) from Japan? It's really nice. Like Yu-Gi-Oh and One Piece.

Bear
August 1st, 2003, 03:14 AM
When I wasn;t so broke, I used to read Blade of the Immortal from Hiroaki Simura. Excellent series. But that's about it.

Kiba
November 5th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Jailer,

Yeah, i am a great fan of Manga as well, have kinda like near 500 volumes of manga in my room. There is a great contention between my s/f collections and my manga collections.

I have done serious research on manga before, and you'll be surprised how often manga and s/f novels cross when it comes to dealing of genres or themes. Well, can't explain all that here! It'll take me hours to write out what do i mean by that!

In the meantime, just enjoy your manga, and try to read outside of the mainstream manga; you may just find what you may be seeking for.

Black.Rose.Sin
October 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
hello everyone!

i am a HUGE fan of manga, and have been one since i was first introduced to it. i REALLY love romance, romantic-comedies, action, adventure, and comedy. it is rare to find one w/a all qualities, but here are some that fit in my top 10:

bleach
FMA
Whistle
Buso renkin
Tsubasa
Fruit Baskets
Inuyasha
The Prince of Tennis
Rave Master
Kingdom Hearts
Hikaru No Go

and many more that i forget. Check 'em out sometime!

Valkin
October 26th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I love the Japanese art and culture. We have a group at the library were I work, our own "Anime Meeting" every month, and I am very serious and know a bit about the art. I have never drawn, but anime has always been a huge inspiration to my writing. Pretty much, I guess, I know a little too much about it. :P

I only ever buy anime movies, but I read manga as much as I do books, which, in turn, is a heck of a lot. But I think that it is an under-rated art, and it makes me angry when people are ignorant without recognizing the greats, such as Neon Genesis: Evangelion, Akira, and pretty much all of Hayao Miyazaki's works. Instead, they are useless imbeciles, who compare these incredible films to Poke'mon, or Dragon Ball Z, (I dont mind these titles, but I am using them as an example of what the average ignorant American would have the knowledge of).

Whether the world wants it or not, Japanimation is taking the world by storm, and I doubt that there is anything to stop it.

-laughs like an evil villian-

Oh, -ahem- excuse me. :D

FlorienFlowers
November 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Hey guys. Do any of you read comics(manga) from Japan? It's really nice. Like Yu-Gi-Oh and One Piece.OMG I love those things I'm really into Naruto if you know what I mean that is.

Expendable
November 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I read some manga and manhwa, which is Korean comics.

Black.Rose.Sin
November 12th, 2007, 08:31 PM
i love manga and anime!!! i read a wholle lotta of them-2 much 2 count!!!

basicallly im obsessed!:D;):p:cool::)