View Full Version : Support a writer

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

milamber_reborn
August 2nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
I have a sci-fi story in the Donard Publishing August Short Story contest. Please have a read of my story, "Abduction" (by Michael Weir).

http://www.donardpublishing.com/listaug.html Story number 37.

To vote for me, don't use the link, as a friend had problems with it. Just send a blank email to:
story37@donardpublishing.com

I need all the help I can get to finish in the Top 10.

An8el
August 3rd, 2003, 05:27 AM
Sure, kiddo...

It was a dark and stormy night....

:p

I liked it. Know someone who interviews abductees, and your story is curiously more common than you'd imagine.

milamber_reborn
August 3rd, 2003, 11:28 PM
Well, it's definately not original, but it's getting a good response. The winner of the July contest had over 600 votes, so I need a lot of help. Meanwhile, I'm getting some exposure, which is good.

Now if only I was an abductee myself. Nothing like hands-on experience.

drw
August 4th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Help me out here -

I went to the site, but everything there is bunched together, like the formas is messed up. There are letters on top of letters, and paragraphs overlapping icons etc. - I can't even read it.

I'm interested 1) so I can read your story 2) so I can learn more about the contest aspect!

Anybody know what could cause that (my machine or theirs?)

kahnovitch
August 4th, 2003, 06:32 AM
The site looked fine to me. Maybe your need to increase your screen resolution to 1024x768 (if it's not set at that already)

drw
August 4th, 2003, 12:12 PM
I dropped _down_ to 1400x1050 and that didn't fix anything (I don't think it's possible to have too high of a resol. for a website, but I'm no guru).

Anybody have any ideas besides resolution (or know if it is possible for a website to specify a resolution w/o exceptions?)

Help me! :P

DRW

Edit: Even dropping down from the normal 1600x1200 to 1024x768 doesn't help - exact same problem, but much larger scale =(. Maybe I'm just not meant to read that site.

kahnovitch
August 4th, 2003, 08:27 PM
The only other suggestion I can think of is changing the text size you're viewing in from the "view"drop down menu on explorer.

milamber_reborn
August 4th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Give me your email and I can send it to you. You don't need to access the site to vote for it either.

milamber_reborn
August 16th, 2003, 01:14 AM
I'm almost in the top ten halfway through the month, so I need more help.

http://www.donardpublishing.com/listaug.html Story number 37.
or I can email anyone a copy.

If you don't want to read anything and still want to support a fellow writer, just send a blank email to: story37@donardpublishing.com and your vote will be registered.

Thanks

Lucky Joe
August 18th, 2003, 06:34 AM
You look to be giving them a run for their money Milamber, I didn't see too many with more votes than you.

Just cast mine, hope it helps.

By the way, I liked the story too.:D