PDA

View Full Version : How many DVDs do you own?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

juzzza
August 6th, 2003, 07:02 AM
OK, how many DVDs in your collection and what genres dominate? Also, what was your latest purchase and what is your favourite at present?

I have close to 400 I guess and I have a blend of Horror, Sci Fi, Action, Anime, Fantasy and I have a few stand-up comedy DVDs and comedy series and plenty of live music performances.

My latest purchases (arrived) are the complete 'Monkey' series, Gangs of New York, Daredevil, Tears of the Sun, Irreversable, Baise Moi & Treasure Planet.

Just ordered loads of cheesy Fantasy movies like Krull, Hawk The Slayer and Conan just to see me through until TTT special edition is out.

My favourite DVD at the moment is probably still The 13th Warrior, I can watch it over and over again... DOH!!! *Juzzza nips back to his Fantasy Movie Thread to add 13th Warrior to the list*

Holbrook
August 6th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Personally None. Honest! it's the truth I don't own one.

kahnovitch
August 6th, 2003, 07:14 AM
400 DVD's !?!?

I've got 34 in total.

9 Science fiction
6 comedy (mostly Jim Carrey)
All the Bruce Lee stuff (except Enter the Dragon (which I intend to get when I find an Uncut version)
2 Jacky flicks (Drunken Master and Snake in Eagles Shadow)

A lot of action stuff including Blade 1+2 and some Arnie.

My two fave Westerns "For a few dollars more" and "Outlaw Josey Wales"

Gladiator, Payback, The Crow and Leon are my faves. Love that whole "avenging angel" vibe.

Wesleycl
August 6th, 2003, 07:28 AM
I have 100 DVD's bought in the last 6 months.

Mostly they are gangsters, so all the classics, scar face, godfather trillogy,

I have some comedy, American pie etc

Action, so all the lethal weapons, star ship troopers

Basciacally just about a bit of everything

Eurytus
August 6th, 2003, 07:36 AM
I haven't counted them recently. I would guess I own somewhere over 300 but not quite the 400 that Juzza owns! (and I thought I had spent too much on DVDs!!)
They are a pretty broad mixture, probably a slight bias towards Horror and Crime films though.
A fair few martial arts films too.

Nevyn
August 6th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Two !!!
The 13th Warrior & LOTR , I nearly bought Starship Troopers and Resident Evil the other day but bought books instead !:D

Wesleycl
August 6th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Starship Troopers is such a good film

Eurytus
August 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Wesleycl
Starship Troopers is such a good film
The fact that it features both Casper van Dien and Denise Richards in starring roles and is still a good film is a minor miracle.

Wesleycl
August 6th, 2003, 08:38 AM
True!

Nimea
August 6th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Including the tv series on DVD . . . about 150.
SciFi, Fantasy, Horror, Thriller, Comedy . . .

Recently got 28 days later, American Beauty and Pete's Dragon.

My favorites? Uh, hard to say, there are so many. Among them my Farscape DVDs, Fight Club Special Edition, Lord of the Rings - Fellowship Special Extended Version, Terminator SE, Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition, Spider-man Special Edition . . . and Willow (because it is my favorite fantasy movie :p ) and The Court Jester (because I can watch this old comedy again and again and again).

I am going to buy The Hours as soon as it is available here in Germany, Daredevil, LotR 2 (both editions), The Ring, Matrix Reloaded . . . and so on and so forth.

Uh, Starship Troopers is a really good movie! I liked the audio commentary by the director Paul Verhoeven very much. :)