View Full Version : Hyperion Movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Arith
August 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Hi guys, i was browsing Aint-it-Cool-News (http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/) and found an interesting article on Martin Scorsese bringing the Hyperion Sci Fi saga to the big screen. You can see the article HERE (http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15798). This would be real cool, a big name director doing for Sci-Fi what Peter Jackson did for Fantasy. Any comments? :D

Hobbit
August 7th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Hmm. At this point, plus ten points for having Simmons involved so closely, plus ten points for Scorsese, but minus about fifty for ol'Leonardo....

A cautious 'Yay'....

Hobbit

Pluvious
August 7th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Next to Song of Ice and Fire, the Hyperion series is my favorite. And Hyperion is much more thought-provoking. I can't think of a movie that I would more look forward to...ever!

But Dicaprio is Raul Endymion? He's supposed to be a big/tough guide? Ahhh...

Just seing the Shrike would be interesting...plus the ousters, the far-future technology, and the themes of course.

Wesleycl
August 8th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Have no idea what this is, anyone lke to enlighten me?

Hobbit
August 8th, 2003, 10:04 AM
anyone like to enlighten me?

Wesley if you put a search through for the words Dan Simmons, Hyperion or Endymion you should find out what you need.

Hyperion was a Book of the Month I think recently, and the book (with some reservations!) is pretty well liked around here. Intelligent (and literate) space opera.

Hobbit
Yes, sorry Wesley.... same message twice.... faulty operator! :) Hobbit

Wesleycl
August 8th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Cheers, might look into that then!

Evil Agent
August 8th, 2003, 02:18 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<-- can't believe that they are seriously making a movie about Hyperion.

I'm a bit worried, but if it's done well it could be simply AMAZING!

The Shrike, in CG. Yay!

WelkinMachinist
August 11th, 2003, 08:28 AM
The Hyperion Movie directed by Scorsese sounds too good to be true, but hopefully Simmons meant Daniel Day Lewis and not Leo "sunk with Titanic, u bastard!" DiCaprio. That blow I could not survive!

Evil Agent
August 11th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Everyone hates Leo, and I'm not one to disagree on that, but in all truth is he REALLY that bad??? Titanic is already quite old, and he's grown up a bit.

I never saw "Catch Me if You Can " which was supposed to be good, but I did see "Gangs of New York" and he was better in that than in most of his earlier work... Maybe he's actually becoming a decent actor?

WelkinMachinist
August 14th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Evil-Agent: Some movies and actors can scar you deeper than the others. I do not think that Leo is a bad actor, he has been in a few good movies actually, playing hard characters, Gilbert Grape for exaple, but in the late 90 he acted in shitty flicks.

What I was trying to say was that hopefully teengirls etc. wont watch Hyperion the Movie, because it has DiCaprio in it (but we all know teengirls;)). That would not be just for the spellbounding story of Hyperion.

Prosper.